Website San Domenico School
K-12 Private School
Off-Campus Resident Life Faculty P/T or F/T (16-40 hours per week)
Academic year 2023-2024
Who we are
At San Domenico, we believe that what students do with their education is as important as their academic performance. Every day we encourage our students to not just study, but also to reflect on their learning, find their purpose, and celebrate in community, because an exceptional education, where values and academics join together, creates more than just great students – it develops great people.
Resident Faculty provide supervision and advising that support the intellectual, physical, emotional, social and spiritual growth of the students. A Resident Faculty serves as a role model, mediator, and mentor. It is essential for Resident Faculty to maintain a high level of visibility when on duty. This role reports to the Dean of Resident Life.
Job responsibilities of an Off-Campus Resident Faculty:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Attend scheduled Resident Faculty meetings
● Work regular shifts as scheduled by the Dean of Resident Life: o Weeknight shifts: generally 3:00-11:30 pm or 5:15 pm – 11:30 pm. Duties include: ▪ attend dinner on campus ▪ Supervise evening study hall – making sure they are in their rooms, staying on task, occasionally helping with assignments ▪ Manage end of night: supervise time after study hall, perform evening dorm checks o Weekend shifts: generally 8:00 am-4:30 pm or 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm.
▪ driving off-campus trips ▪ being on campus for boarding student supervision ▪ perform weekend room checks ▪ perform evening dorm checks o Weekday shifts: generally 8:00 am-3:00 pm. Duties include: ▪ driving off-campus appointments ▪ being on campus for boarding student supervision ▪ coordinating with the Health Center to supervise students staying in dorms due to illness/injury ▪ helping with Upper School duties as needed (e.g. lunch duty)
● If possible, attend Community Dinner each week and attend/assist with Community Curriculum
● Available to listen and offer a healthy, supportive adult presence
● Check-in students at prescribed curfews including, in-dorms, in-room, and lights out.
● Administer prescription and over-the-counter medications as needed and communicate with health services
● Write a nightly duty log of events
● Occasional weekends special events, supervision or extra driving
● Refer late-night emergencies to Dean of Resident Life or another full-time Resident Life Faculty
● Communicate with the families, guardians, teachers and the Upper School counselor about concerns or issues regarding students in the dorms.
● Available to be on duty for all events associated with both the opening and closing weekends of the school year. ● Possible additional holiday duties each semester. Responsibilities may include departure and arrival for major holidays, checking students out or in, or driving shuttles to and from the Marin County Airporter.
● Required to work year-round, including during School Breaks (partial or full break), may include holidays
● Know and enforce the rules as listed in both the Boarding Program Student Handbook and Resident Faculty Handbook.
● Ensures that assigned dorm remains clean, safe, organized. Make technology or maintenance reports when necessary and alerts the director when a report is made.
● Resident Faculty are responsible to read and understand the emergency protocols in the emergency preparedness manual and respond appropriately.
● Follows all protocols in regard to correct communications, walkie-talkies, and check-in and sign-out procedures for students.
● Comply with all School policies and procedures
● Maintain all necessary certificates and licenses as required by law or the School, at its discretion, as conditions to Resident Life Faculty’s position and/or the performance of one or more essential functions of the position.
● Otherwise further the mission of the School by undertaking every reasonable step and opportunity to create and maintain a learning environment that promotes intellectual curiosity, academic challenge, personal growth, personal accountability, tolerance, self-initiative and community service and involvement.
● Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
● Bachelor’s degree or strong academic background
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
● Computer proficiency (iPad, Mac computer, Gmail/Google Drive, experience with Reach, preferred)
● Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
● Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
● Must have a valid California driver’s license
● Experience with and demonstrated interest in teenagers/teen programs
● Dormitory experience preferred
● Possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
● Have diverse interests and hobbies.
● Demonstrate skills as an independent yet highly collaborative learner
This is an hourly, non-exempt position. The pay is $29.93 per hour DOE. Full-time (1.0) and part-time positions (0.50 FTE) are eligible for benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and matching 403(b) plan and daily lunch.
How to apply:
Indicate interest in either Part or Full-Time. Please send cover letter describing how your experience and skills will contribute to the position, along with your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
San Domenico School
1500 Butterfield Road
San Anselmo, CA 94960
Attn: Off-Campus Resident Faculty
San Domenico School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, age, disability, medical condition, religion, veteran status, marital status or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
No phone calls, please
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com