Website Sacramento Country Day School
Independent Day School, PreK - 12
Sacramento Country Day School, the regional leader in Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade independent school education since 1964, seeks a part-time Physical Education teacher in our Middle School (grades 6-8) and High School (grades 9-12) for the 2024-25 school year. The salary range for this position is between $38,500 – $70,300 depending on education and experience.
This position will include teaching two sections of Middle School Physical Education and two sections of High School Physical Education. Candidates will also be prepared to integrate themselves into the life of the school, including, but not limited to, participating in department and team meetings and chaperoning field trips.
· Work collaboratively with co-teachers, coaches, staff, and administration to plan and deliver an educational Physical Education program in line with the mission, vision, and values of the Sacramento Country Day School for Middle and High School students
· Plan and implement lessons, activities, and instruction while adapting to the intellectual, physical, and social-emotional needs of students as they arise
· Maintain engaging, safe, and organized learning spaces that reflect school identity, and program values
· Maintain organizational systems in physical and digital spaces that support the Physical Education program
· Manage the Physical Education materials, ensuring adequate equipment and safe working conditions of materials
· Support the building of a students Physical Education culture that values inclusivity, integrity, and kindness
· Attend staff meetings and actively engage with professional development opportunities
· Maintain and utilize an effective information system for student progress and learning
· Prepare progress reports and report cards in the school system
· Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology or Physical Education
· Two to three years or more of Physical Education teaching experience, at the middle and/or high school level
· Curriculum development experience with flexibility in designing improved learning experiences
· Demonstrated ability to work well with students and colleagues; willingness to be an active, enthusiastic member of the Country Day community
· Strong commitment to equity and inclusion
· The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The ability to speak clearly and coherently is also necessary. On occasion, the employee is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, run, and/or jump.
· School requirements include: Background check, First Aid/CPR training (school sponsored), negative TB result.
Sacramento Country Day School’s mission is to inspire intellectual discovery and engage a diverse community to think critically, live creatively, and act compassionately. The ideal candidate will add strength to a wide range of programs and embrace a diverse and powerful learning community.
Sacramento Country Day School is an inclusive community and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds. To apply, please send a single .pdf file that includes a letter of interest, resume, and a list of three (3) references to the Head of Middle School, Sarah Ostermueller at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org