Website Sacramento Country Day School
Independent Day School, PreK - 12
Sacramento Country Day School, the regional leader in PK-12th grade independent school education since 1964, seeks a Pre-Kindergarten Program Director and Lead Teacher to add to our excellent faculty.
Often described by our families as magical, our PK program nurtures the social-emotional, intellectual, and physical growth of our students in a play and inquiry-based, Reggio Emilia inspired environment. Nestled in a grove of trees, our protected playground and spacious learning areas provide deep and rich daily experiences that cultivate curiosity, wonder, and a love for learning.
We are looking for someone who possesses great knowledge about how to inspire joyful learning for four and five-year-olds, is able to communicate effectively and warmly with families, will enjoy collaborating with members of the PK team and our distinguished faculty, and is able to co-teach with another lead teacher and direct the work of 2 other Instructional Assistants.
· Oversee daily PK operations
· Plan, implement and co-teach PK curriculum
· Lead and Facilitate Weekly Planning Meetings with the PK team
· Write weekly communication to families.
· Manage teaching staff, lead and direct the work of the PK team
The ideal candidate will have at a minimum:
· A BA in Child Development, Early Childhood Education or related field
· Qualifications to serve as the Program Director under State Licensing Requirements (eg Site Supervisor certificate or similar)
· Two or more years of experience leading a team of teachers
· A deep understanding and experience of play-based pedagogy and Reggio Emilia principles and practices
· A commitment to diversity and inclusion
The following experience would be an advantage:
· Training and experience with Responsive Classroom
· Experience using Seesaw as a documentation tool
· Experience with an inquiry-based curriculum
School requirements: background check, First Aid/CPR trained (school sponsored), negative TB result.
Country Day is an inclusive community and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds. To apply, please send a single .pdf file that includes a letter of interest, resume, and list of three (3) references to Maisae Affour Head of Lower School at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com