Overview of School
Prospect Sierra is an independent, coed TK–8 school located on two campuses in El Cerrito, California, serving 470 students. Prospect Sierra gives students the tools to build a better world by integrating rigorous academics with a deep understanding of human emotions. Every day our exceptional teachers connect students’ academic experiences to ethics, empathy, and social and emotional intelligence. The result is deeper intellectual engagement, greater self-knowledge, and compassionate relationships. Prospect Sierra students develop the courage to become more than great students, but great people. Please visit our website, www.prospectsierra.org, for more information.
Responsibilities as Prospect Sierra Employee
- Participation in grade-level team meetings;
- Support the overall day-to-day needs of the division with weekly duties, such as yard supervision and curbside dismissal support;
- Engage school-wide professional development structures and processes, including but not limited to:
- Equity and Inclusion work, Pedagogical Best Practices, Technological skill development, etc.;
- Follow Prospect Sierra’s Essential Expectations.
Responsibilities as Classroom Support Teacher
- Support weekly lessons taught by lead and associate teachers;
- Help differentiate student work;
- Lead small group lessons as determined by the lead teacher;
- Assist 1:1 with students in the classroom and outside of the classroom as needed (including classroom breaks);
- Help transition students to and from specialist classes;
- Create meaningful relationships and an inclusive classroom community;
- Stay up to date reading email and Slack communications;
- Support division-specific programming by attending assemblies and community meetings;
- Complete weekly timesheets
- Ancillary duties include responsibilities that are part of school life, e.g., team and staff meetings, attendance at school functions, chaperoning school trips, committee work, recess duties, etc.
- Perform other duties as may be requested by the Head of School and ES Division Head.
The compensation is competitive. Benefits included. The salary schedule can be viewed here.
How to Apply
Send a résumé (including contact information for three references) and one-page cover letter to:
Quise Rodriguez, Elementary School Division Head
Prospect Sierra School is an equal opportunity employer. Our community is diverse in many ways, inclusive of race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender spectrum, age, ability, and more.