The Nueva School
Nueva seeks a leader who will develop robust, responsive after school programming, including a menu of regular enrichment classes and a high-quality aftercare experience. The coordinator will recruit enrichment, provide instructor and program feedback, actively seek parent input, create aftercare curriculum, deliver instruction as an aftercare/enrichment teacher, and team with the Nueva Summer Leadership to support summer camp programming. The coordinator will also collaborate with Nueva administration and faculty, ensuring the programs aligns with Nueva’s vision and mission to deliver a student-centered, project-based curriculum that inspires passion for lifelong learning, fosters social and emotional acuity, and develops the imaginative mind.
A member of the Nueva faculty, the coordinator will also work as a part-time (40%) aide in the pre-kindergarten classroom, supporting instruction with the guidance of a mentor teacher and participating in faculty meetings and school-wide professional development.
- Recruit enrichment and summer teachers internally and externally, developing robust program offerings throughout the school year
- Supervise enrichment program, ensuring program quality and consistency
- Maintain timely, responsive communication with parents: marketing afterschool offerings, responding to questions, creating a seamless registration system, and seeking regular feedback
- Collaborate with Nueva administration and faculty to ensure afterschool and summer program quality and consistency with Nueva’s mission and vision
- Enhance aftercare program experience: developing and teaching curriculum, providing training and feedback to aftercare staff, maintaining professional communication with all constituents, and supporting general operations (coordinating pick up and drop off of students, set up and clean up, etc.)
- Co-teach in prekindergarten class under the mentorship of a lead teacher
- Participate in faculty meetings and school professional development
- Experience working with children, both one-on-one and in groups
- An understanding of the academic, social, and emotional needs of elementary and middle school age students
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills with students, parents, faculty and staff
- Strong technology skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across school constituencies
- Excellent organizational skills
- Welcoming demeanor
- Bachelor’s degree required
Competitive salary, full benefits, and robust professional development opportunities
To Apply: Please visit http://nuevaschool.applytojob.com/ and submit a cover letter, résumé, and contact information for at least three professional references to your application for the position.
About The Nueva School
The Nueva School, an internationally recognized, nonprofit, independent day school, has served gifted learners since 1967. Today, Nueva serves more than 800 students PK–12 and expects to grow to over 950 students in the next few years. Nueva is located in the neighboring towns of Hillsborough and San Mateo, equidistant between San Francisco and Silicon Valley, serving six different counties throughout the Bay Area of Northern California.
A constructivist school, Nueva is known for its distinctive inquiry-based interdisciplinary studies, project-based learning, and pioneering work in social-emotional learning and design thinking. The Nueva community instills a passion for lifelong learning, fosters social and emotional acuity, and develops the imaginative mind. Our school has received the US Department of Education National Blue Ribbon Award and the American Institute of Architects Award for School Design and Sustainability, has been recognized as an Apple Distinguished Program and appointed an Ashoka Changemaker School, co-founded the Common Ground Speaker Series, hosts the biennial Innovative Learning Conference, and was highlighted by the Pulitzer Prize–winning and New York Times best-selling author Thomas Friedman in his book That Used to Be Us in the chapter “Average Is Over.”
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org