Marin Country Day School
Aug 2019 – June 2020, Non-Exempt Part-Time (M-F 1:45pm – 5:00pm)
Reports to Director of After School Programs
Marin Country Day School, an independent, coeducational day school with an enrollment of 580 students in grades K-8, is currently seeking to fill the PM Support position for their after-school extended care program (PM).
PM is the after-school care program available to students in grades K-4. The PM Program is led by the Director of After School Programs and the PM Coordinator, with four qualified instructors assisting. Considered a place for kids to play and have fun, PM provides a balance between structured and self-directed activities. PM instructors encourage students to use their creative minds through various structured art and building projects, while building on the skills of teamwork and developing self-esteem through sporting games and activities. For children interested in a quieter environment, there is a space dedicated to working on homework, reading or other independent activities.
About Marin Country Day School
MCDS School is an independent, K-8, co-educational day school enrolling approximately 590 students from across the Bay area, drawing equally from San Francisco and Marin. Our mission states:
Our school is a community that
Inspires children to develop a love of learning,
thoughtful perspectives and a diversity of skills;
Nurtures in each of them a deep sense of
respect, responsibility and compassion; and
Challenges them to envision and to work toward a better world.
We actively seek diversity in our administration, faculty and student body. As a school, we affirm that human diversity includes, but is not limited to: age, family structure, gender, gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, physical ability, and learning style. As our Statement of Community and Inclusion indicates, “Ours is a Community that would be uncomfortable without diversity and, therefore, has been intentional about creating and nurturing a diverse group of adults and children who share the core values of respect, responsibility and compassion.”
At MCDS, every employee is integral in creating a learning community in which all seek to improve as practitioners, learners and team members, and we support our outstanding faculty and professional staff through our strong professional development program.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan and lead a structured art or building activity for kindergarteners 4 days a week
- Plan and lead a structured sporting activity for grades K-4 a few times during the week
- Supervise children on the playground
- Supervise children in the game room
- Prepare and serve snack for students
- Monitor and facilitate students attending study hall
- Help students complete and understand assignments
- Create an environment conducive to studying
- Contribute to the planning of various annual events in PM
- Attend semi-monthly staff meetings
- Solid understanding of child development
- Strong communication skills
- Sense of humor
- Ability to both lead and follow others
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Strong team player
- Strong emotional well-being
- Dependable, responsible, and reliable
- Great ability to multitask
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Interest in professional development in the field of education and desire for a long-term career working with children
- A. or B.A. degree with a background in Education or Child Development preferred, but not required
MCDS is an equal opportunity employer and promotes the principles and practices of diversity throughout the school community.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience. Benefits include paid sick leave and voluntary pre-tax deductions to a retirement plan
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com