The Nueva School
The Nueva School seeks a dynamic PK-8 Physical Education teacher and Athletics Assistant. Well-qualified candidates will be creative, energetic, and passionate people with experience implementing a curriculum that emphasizes a constructivist, student-centered pedagogical approach. Candidates will have experience in school-based athletics, including the administration of such programs. They will have the ability to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of students with various levels of experience, skill, and physical ability. Candidates will have an understanding of fundamental physical fitness concepts, principles, and strategies. They will support students in learning the motor skills and movement patterns necessary to perform a variety of physical activities. Candidates will be passionate about physical wellness and the promotion of life-long fitness, and help inspire this passion in students. They will be team-oriented and open to collaborating with colleagues across divisions and disciplines. The ability to teach sport-specific skills and coach teams is also desired.
Administrative duties include, but are not limited to: assisting in game scheduling, managing parent and team communication, uniform distribution and inventory, and coordinating transportation. Additional responsibilities include advising students, sponsoring a weekly academy (enrichment-type course), traveling overnight with students on a yearly trip, and facilitating a weekly literature club.
- Teach expertly your course of study with the highest standards for each student
- Design instruction that emphasizes cooperative learning and problem solving
- Collaborate with colleagues to enrich curriculum and instruction
- Model flexibility in implementing best learning practices
- Support the well-being of all students
- Demonstrate interest and ability to lead student activities, coach, and contribute beyond the classroom
- Assist in the daily administration of the Middle School athletics program
- Lead by example in your commitment to Nueva’s mission
- Bachelor’s and advanced university degree
- Successful teaching experience in elementary, middle, secondary school and/or university
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire to integrate curriculum with other subjects and to teach collaboratively
To apply, please visit http://nuevaschool.applytojob.com/apply/YPndS24yqg/PK8-Physical-Education-Athletics-201819?source=nocapocis and submit a cover letter, résumé, and contact information for at least three professional references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org