French American International School
French American + International is a PK-12 independent school in San Francisco. Founded in 1962, the school is a multicultural, multilingual educational institution with over 1,100 students across an urban campus in the heart of the city. Guided by the principles of academic rigor and diversity, the French American International School offers programs of study in French and English to prepare its graduates for a world in which the ability to think critically and to communicate across cultures is of paramount importance.
Our international community brings together people from many backgrounds. Together we strive to create a shared culture that develops compassionate, confident and principled people who will make the world better. We base our community on these values: Respect, Integrity, Inclusion, Collaboration, and Curiosity.
Working at French American + International opens up a myriad of opportunities – both personal and professional. Critical to our Strategic Plan in creating a proud, engaged community, we appreciate our faculty and staff by fostering a community of ongoing learning, respect and collegiality and by providing competitive compensation and benefits. It is also of paramount importance to us that we continue to foster an environment of diversity, equity and inclusion as we build a school community of individuals who are an actual representation of the world we live in.
We are seeking an experienced PE teacher who is passionate, engaging and motivated to teach our eager learners and future leaders.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, and individual,dual or team sports, utilizing curriculum and other appropriate learning activities.
- Works cooperatively with other physical education teachers in planning and implementing a balanced physical education program.
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains the basic skills, knowledge and strategies of formal sports, games, rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Develops lesson plans and supplementary materials.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to provide an orderly, productive environment in the physical education areas.
- Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on equipment and field areas to ensure the overall safety of students.
- Evaluates academic and social growth of students, prepare report cards, and keeps appropriate records to include attendance reports, checklists, census forms, and other recordkeeping activities as necessary.
- Maintains control of storage and use of school property.
- Evaluates each student’s growth in physical skills, knowledge and contribution in team sports.
- Communicates with parents and school counselors on student progress.
- Administers testing in accordance with division testing practices.
- Models non discriminatory practices in all activities.
- Maintain appropriate licenses and training hours as required.
- Lead an Advisory group in Middle or High School
- Focus on making learning visible through effective student engagement.
- Work cooperatively with other team members to improve the instructional program.
- Evaluate and differentiate student progress and adapt individual programs to meet student needs.
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant field, Master’s degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills with both students and parents
- Positive history of collegiality and collaboration with other teachers and administrators
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 403B – 5% match after 2 years of service
- Commuter Benefits.
- Long Term Disability
- 2 Personal days
- 10 Sick days
- Paid Holidays and breaks
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
French American International School is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio-economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color,international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org