San Francisco Friends School
San Francisco Friends School, a co-educational K-8 Quaker school of 440 students, is seeking an experienced, part-time dance teacher for the 2018-19 school year. The ideal candidate is a dynamic dance educator comfortable teaching children ages 5-13 in both movement exploration and preparation for performance. The seven member arts department works collaboratively with each other and with grade level teachers, as appropriate, to integrate curriculum and to prepare and support productions. This position is exempt, part-time (three days per week – Monday, Wednesday, and Friday) at 60% FTE and includes health benefits. They would report to the Director of Community Engagement.
The school seeks teachers who resonate with the Friends school mission, which provides an exemplary education in a community dedicated to problem-solving, service to others, simplicity, social justice, and quiet reflection. Our Quaker mission also compels us to create a diverse and inclusive community; we seek a person who will thrive in and contribute to such a community, both within and beyond the walls of the school.
The dance teacher’s duties include:
- Teaching a total of 11-12 dance classes per week. Ideal candidate could also attend Tuesday afternoon faculty meetings, along with various professional development meetings throughout the year.
- Collaborating on projects with classroom teachers and members of the performing arts department
- Engaging students in community projects that may go beyond the school walls
- Preparing students for and attending various performances throughout the year, some of which may be during the day or at night.
- The teacher will also be responsible for other duties deemed necessary by the head of school, division head, or immediate supervisor.
Mission: At San Francisco Friends School, students learn in a community grounded in the Quaker values of reflection, integrity, peaceful problem-solving and stewardship. Our teachers challenge students with a dynamic curriculum that inspires curiosity, cooperation and hard work. We teach children to listen to all voices and to trust their own. We engage with the world around us with kindness and conviction, working toward the Quaker ideal of a caring and just society.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a resume and cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com
The San Francisco Friends School welcomes all students and staff and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, religion, marital status, gender, sexual orientation or disability in administration of its educational policies, enrollment or hiring policies, and other school-administered programs.
To apply for this job email your details to GSLANGEN@SFFRIENDSSCHOOL.ORG