San Francisco Day School
We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our upper school (grades 5-8) teaching team, reporting to our upper school head.
- A curious and creative teacher excited to bridge intellect and imagination in your classroom?
- A compassionate and collaborative educator and role model for students and adults?
- An enthusiastic community member eager to collaborate and build relationships?
Yes? Then read on!
Successful candidates will create, manage, and participate in a variety of learning environments and activities that provide opportunities for students to develop music skills to their fullest potential. They will participate collaboratively and professionally with other faculty and staff to promote the general well-being of middle school students.
- A bachelor’s degree in music is required.
- Must have a minimum of three to five years of successful experience as a music teacher in a school setting
- Must be proficient musician, preferably in brass instruments, and possess knowledge of and ability to utilize a wide variety of musical instruments, including, but not limited to pitched percussion and non-pitched percussion.
- Must have interpersonal skills conducive to teamwork. A love of children and a passion for music are necessary!
- Must have patience, tact, friendly disposition, a love of students, passion for music education, enthusiasm, energy, and developed communication skills.
- As part of SF Day’s Music Department team, develop, administer, and coordinate music activities and programs at all 5-8 grade levels.
- Work with music colleagues to teach and guide students (grades 5-8) for multiple performances and assemblies each school year.
- Conduct instrumental ensembles.
- Monitor the condition of musical instruments (e.g. brass and wind instrument maintenance, etc.).
- Participate in various school activities and remain accessible to students, colleagues, families, and other members of the school community.
- Assume academic advising responsibilities for students as part of the Upper School advisory program.
- Participate in parent/guardian conferences and progress report writing.
- Support students and colleagues by attending faculty meetings, grade-level duties, and team meetings.
About SF Day
At San Francisco Day School…We believe that when intellect and imagination are intertwined, our students delight in the discovery of connection: in their academic and creative pursuits, in their relationships, and in all that they experience here. Every day we help our students emerge as flexible and resourceful learners. Because when we do, our students light up with the call and capacity to take on the complexities of their day and of a diverse world.
Ready to Join SF Day?
SF Day celebrates and welcomes faculty, staff, and administrators who reflect the broad range of diversity in the Bay Area. We encourage people of color and LGBTQ+ persons to apply. SF Day offers excellent benefits and a competitive salary.
Please apply online with your resume, salary expectations, and a thoughtful cover letter explaining why your experience is appropriate for this position:
Please, no phone calls.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org