Website Mount Tamalpais School
Mount Tamalpais School, MTS, a K-8 independent school serving up to 240 students in Mill Valley, California is looking for a Lower School Learning Specialist. This teacher reports to the Lower School Division Head and works in partnership with dedicated colleagues.
At MTS, our Mission calls on us to develop “knowledge and goodness” and to be “inspiring and nurturing” in our work as educators. The new Lower School Learning Specialist will help students flourish academically and individually, developing the foundations necessary to positively contribute in their ever-expanding spheres of influence and succeed in their learning endeavors. This person will empower our young learners and fuel their wonder, big dreams, and academic prowess.
The new Lower School Learning Specialist will provide consistent, clear parent communication and support. They will be a partner in education who supports students, families, teachers, and outside specialists.
We seek an educator adept in a variety of student support models and who values a wide range of teaching and assessment practices. As a teaching partner, we value an individual experienced in creating innovative and engaging lessons, and differentiating research-based curricula to best support the whole child within the classroom environment.
MTS is committed to a diverse and inclusive community. We are seeking a person to add to, and enhance, our work in diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as cultural competency.
We know that the COVID pandemic has drastically changed what schools look like, and can assure applicants that careful planning, a vigilant parent and faculty community, and strong resources make MTS a safe place to teach in 2021-22. We have dramatically limited the number of students teachers see, and utilize our beautiful outdoor spaces on campus as much as possible. This cohorting coupled with testing, universal face coverings, daily health screenings, and professional-grade air purifiers, has helped us safely reopen on-campus instruction since September 2020.
MTS is an exciting place to be in 2021-2022, with a significant budget for professional development, new leadership, and a clear vision for the future. A Learning Specialist will thrive who is ready to contribute their expertise, work flexibly within a variety of support models, and be a collaborative partner with teachers, parents, and administration.
We look forward to welcoming a Learning Specialist whose work and actions promote students being seen, valued, heard, empowered, and well-supported in a rigorous, inspiring academic environment.
- Master’s Degree, Graduate certification, and/or professional certification as a learning specialist, educational therapist, or special education teacher; candidates with abundant experience and training in supporting students with learning differences and complex learning profiles, and who are willing to engage in continued training to support the diverse needs of learners, are also encouraged to apply
- A passion for helping students with diverse learning profiles and challenges be successful in the classroom and excel in learning
- Sincere love and appreciation for Lower School students; demonstrating empathy, understanding, and partnership with families and teachers
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication and situational awareness, communicating and collaborating with parents, students, teachers and administrators
- Understanding of DEI, social justice, and anti-racist work from a personal and/or professional perspective
- Ability to communicate, listen and work with a variety of constituencies and perspectives
- Promote a joyful, inspiring, and student-centered environment for learning
- Show initiative and be a team player
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com