Crystal Springs Uplands School
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Crystal Springs Uplands School is a 6-12 co-educational independent day school located on two distinct campuses. Our deeply connected culture and community celebrates scholarship, strives for balance, and fosters inclusion. Crystal students bring a multitude of diverse and unique backgrounds to our community; they are motivated learners who lead with humility and embrace authenticity.
Crystal adults are experienced, collaborative educators who are committed to effective teaching and professional growth. Crystal teachers enjoy engaging with students inside and outside of the classroom and pursue their passion for teaching with dedication and humor. Crystal embodies its core values through robust professional growth and leadership opportunities, intentional relationship-building, innovative curriculum, rich co-curricular programs, and a continual commitment to creating a diverse, equitable school community.
Crystal Springs Uplands School seeks a full-time Middle School World History Teacher starting August, 2021. The ideal candidate will have at least three years of history teaching (or related) experience and a B.A./B.S. in a relevant field (Masters Degree preferred). A successful candidate in this position will:
- Exhibit a love and energy for learning and working alongside middle school students
- Cultivate an inclusive, challenging, and equitable learning environment that reflects Crystal’s core values and allows our diverse student body to grow and thrive
- Have demonstrated scholarship in at least one of the following fields: ancient civilizations, world religions, non-Western cultures
- Have shown a commitment to and competence for creative history pedagogy with instruction that values a hands-on, collaborative, project-based curriculum & methodology
- Be committed to the teaching of foundational historical thinking, analysis, reading, and writing principles through culturally-responsive practices
- Enthusiastically collaborate with colleagues to develop innovative and meaningful curriculum and programming
- Integrate technology in effective ways that enhance students’ learning experiences and growth
- Take advantage of opportunities for professional growth, leadership, and community building
- Serve as an advisor who is committed to the social and emotional development of students
- Bring unique skills to contribute to our multifaceted community outside of the classroom (e.g. coaching, sponsoring a club, leading a global trip, speaking multiple languages, etc.)
Please submit a cover letter describing your interest in the position as well as your anticipated contribution to the Crystal community given the job description, your resume, and a list of three references to email@example.com.
Crystal Springs Uplands School (CSUS) is an equal opportunity employer committed to provide a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at CSUS are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, religion and genetic information. Candidates of color and from other groups traditionally underrepresented in independent schools are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to MSHistory@csus.org