The San Francisco School
MIDDLE SCHOOL VISUAL ART TEACHER
Starts August 2019, Part-time – 40% FTE
TEACH WITH US.
Come cultivate + celebrate the intellectual, imaginative + humanitarian promise of each student.
We seek a team member who is a(n):
- Talented, student-centered + inspiring teacher + artist
- Passionate educator experienced in guiding students to develop artistic skills (3-5 years experience in Grades 6-8 preferred)
- Experience with or interest in learning maker, media + electronic arts
- Experienced creating classroom environments with structure + emotional safety for students to take creative risks
- Culturally competent, engaged community member
- Excellent communicator + collaborator
- Stand-up comedian…or at least has a good sense of humor
- Teach 9 hours of art weekly to 6th to 8th Grades through 90-minute classes to each MS section
- Collaborate with the DDET (Director of Design, Engineering & Technology) and Lower School Art Teacher to implement visual art program
- Collaborate + co-teach with DDET to integrate maker, media + electronic arts
- Collaborate with Middle School teachers to continue interdisciplinary project opportunities
- Inspire, promote, + develop the artistic, creative + expressive potential that exists in every student
- Maintain a program that includes two-dimensional fundamentals + three-dimensional mixed media concepts
- Develop in students an enjoyment of + appreciation for visual arts
- Sustain SFS artistic traditions
The San Francisco School
An independent school, pre-K through eighth grade, with a commitment to a multicultural + inclusive community The School embraces San Francisco’s ethnic, cultural + economic diversity. Our progressive approach to education encourages children to develop self-reliance, strong academic skills, creativity, + a sense of social justice. They graduate academically prepared, inquisitive, courageous, + eager for the challenges ahead.
We are committed to increasing staff diversity, both to reflect the high value SFS places on multicultural understanding + for the direct benefit of each student.
If you are ready to join us, send a single document by 6/21 with your letter of interest, resume + 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
See us today: www.sfschool.org
How we will grow: Strategic Plan – www.sfschool.org/our-story/strategic-plan/
Questions? Just give us a call: 415.239.5065
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com