The Nueva School
Middle School Math Teacher
The Nueva School seeks a full-time Middle School math teacher. Well-qualified candidates will be creative, energetic, and passionate people with experience implementing curriculum that emphasizes a constructivist, student-centered pedagogical approach. Candidates will be excited to do mathematics with students and colleagues, including daily short-term work and long-term projects. They will have experience collaboratively developing, adapting, and implementing curriculum to appropriately challenge students with varied experiences and abilities. They will have a strong content and pedagogical background allowing them to support students in discovering and applying concepts, along with improving problem-solving abilities.
Additional responsibilities include advising students, sponsoring a weekly academy (enrichment-type course), traveling overnight with students on a yearly trip, and facilitating a weekly literature club.
- Teach expertly your course of study with the highest standards for each student
- Convey enthusiasm for content and intellectual inquiry
- Design instruction that emphasizes critical thinking and problem solving
- Collaborate with colleagues to enrich curriculum and instruction
- Integrate appropriate technology to enhance learning
- Create hands-on, project-based learning experiences
- Collaborate effectively with students, teachers, and parents
- Model flexibility in implementing best learning practices
- Support the well-being of all students
- Demonstrate interest and ability to lead student activities, coach, and contribute beyond the classroom
- Lead by example in your commitment to Nueva’s mission
- Bachelor’s and advanced university degree, with a minimum of three years teaching experience
- Successful teaching experience in elementary, middle, secondary school and/or university
- Demonstrated mastery in area of study and ability to teach within and across academic disciplines
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire to integrate curriculum with other subjects and to teach collaboratively
Compensation commensurate with experience
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information and job title of at least three references at https://nuevaschool.applytojob.com/apply. To address specific questions, please email Liza Raynal, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nueva School is an Equal Opportunity Employer — we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, or sex. We welcome applications from people of color and those with experience outside the education field.
About The Nueva School
The Nueva School, an internationally recognized, nonprofit, independent day school, has served gifted learners since 1967. Today, Nueva serves nearly 950 students PreK–12. Nueva is located in the neighboring towns of Hillsborough and San Mateo, equidistant between San Francisco and Silicon Valley, serving six counties throughout the Bay Area of Northern California.
A constructivist school, Nueva is known for its distinctive inquiry-based interdisciplinary studies, project-based learning, and pioneering work in social-emotional learning and design thinking. The Nueva community instills a passion for lifelong learning, fosters social and emotional acuity, and develops the imaginative mind. Our school has received the US Department of Education National Blue Ribbon Award and the American Institute of Architects Award for School Design and Sustainability, has been recognized as an Apple Distinguished Program and appointed an Ashoka Changemaker School, co-founded the Common Ground Speaker Series, hosts the biennial Innovative Learning Conference, and was highlighted by the Pulitzer Prize–winning and New York Times best-selling author Thomas Friedman in his book That Used to Be Us in the chapter “Average Is Over.”
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com