Reports To: Head of School and Middle School Director
Position Type: Full-Time, Faculty, Exempt
Established in 1920, Bentley School is a K-12 co-educational, independent day school located on two campuses in Oakland and Lafayette. Bentley is an inclusive community that shares a vision of transformative learning and respect for the individual. Bentley seeks a math teacher at the Middle School campus in Oakland.
Responsibilities for this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching three sections of Middle School math
- Teaching one section of an elective
- Attending regular grade-level team meetings and Math department meetings
- Participating in various aspects of student life at Bentley such as advisory, study hall, student organizations, and other duties as assigned
- Degree in mathematics and/or a related field that requires significant coursework in mathematics, advanced degree preferred
- Experience teaching mathematics
- Experience in teaching problem solving skills and study skills in addition to traditional core content
- Ability and willingness to work with students in large and small group settings using multiple teaching methods to reach a broad range of students
- Desire to continually examine one’s practice with the goal to improve student learning
- Commitment to issues of diversity, leadership, inclusion, and equity. Candidates who reflect the broad range of diversity of the Bay Area are encouraged to apply.
- A desire to collaborate in a dynamic community of teachers
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and communication skills
- Experience in working with middle school students in an academic setting
- Experience in innovative course design, planning, implementation, and assessment
Bentley School is an equal opportunity employer and seeks rich diversity among faculty and administration. The School offers competitive compensation and benefits.
How to Apply
Please send a letter of interest, CV/resume, and a statement of teaching philosophy that addresses both your approach to working with students and how you approach your classroom practice. A list with the names and contact information of three (3) references should also be included. Materials may be sent to email@example.com. Include “ Middle School Mathematics Teacher” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org