Marin Horizon School
Marin Horizon School, located in Mill Valley, California, is a progressive toddler-8th grade school with 300 students. The curriculum is relevant, inquiry-based, and interdisciplinary where students develop critical thinking skills. Social-emotional learning is also central to our program as we strive to develop each child’s academic skills, creativity, and social consciousness.
We are looking for an innovative math teacher who can help students build on the math foundations taught in elementary school and prepare them for the more difficult curriculum they will face in high school. The ideal candidate has experience teaching pre-algebra/algebra to middle schoolers and can differentiate for a diverse group of learners.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Rochelle Reodica, Director of Upper School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curriculum, Materials, and Classroom Management
- Establish an inspiring classroom setting that is organized and engaging with systems and procedures that manage student behavior, movement, and learning.
- Establish a powerful classroom culture where children have high expectations for themselves and for others, are self-motivated and self-directed, and where children value and love learning.
- Develop and implement individualized learning plans, small and whole group lesson plans and classroom activities consistent with Marin Horizon educational philosophy.
- Collaborate with Marin Horizon team members on curriculum and teaching practices.
Parent Education, Meetings, and Conferences
- Provide students and their families with regular and timely information on classroom activities and student progress; find ways to involve parents/guardians in their student’s education.
- Assist in the development of and participate in school functions, including but not limited to open houses, orientation meetings, parent education, and school-wide activities.
- Prepare documents and reports necessary to facilitate parent teacher conferences or other meetings requested by parents or school administration.
Record-Keeping and Data Assessment
- Assess students regularly (informally and formally), examine assessment data, and refine learning plans to differentiate instruction for each student.
- Maintain grade books and meet reporting deadlines.
- Prepare student progress reports and assessment reports in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with tutors as needed.
- Write high school recommendation letters and assist in placement exams.
- Serve as an advisor and chaperone at least one outdoor education trip.
- Actively participate in professional development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required; Master’s Degree highly preferred
- 3-5 years teaching experience
- Demonstrated commitment and experience with culturally responsive teaching practices
- Knowledge of middle school math curriculum and math strategies
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds
- Must possess a growth mindset and can use feedback to refine practice
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com