Crystal Springs Uplands School
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Crystal Springs Uplands School is a 6-12 co-educational independent day school located on two distinct campuses. Our deeply connected culture and community celebrates scholarship, strives for balance, and fosters inclusion. Crystal students bring a multitude of diverse and unique backgrounds to our community; they are motivated learners who lead with humility and embrace authenticity.
Crystal adults are experienced, collaborative educators who are committed to effective teaching and professional growth. Crystal teachers enjoy engaging with students inside and outside of the classroom and pursue their passion for teaching with dedication and humor. Crystal embodies its core values through robust professional growth and leadership opportunities, intentional relationship-building, innovative curriculum, rich co-curricular programs, and a continual commitment to creating a diverse, equitable school community.
Crystal Springs Uplands School seeks a Middle School French Teacher to fill a one year Leave of Absence, starting August, 2021. This position could be a minimum of half-time to a maximum of three-quarter time, depending on course sectioning. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of French teaching experience and a B.A./B.S. in a relevant field (Masters Degree preferred). A successful candidate in this position will:
- Have expertise in the French language (speaking and writing skills)
- Exhibit a passion for content knowledge and a range of effective pedagogical approaches
- Demonstrate commitment to equitable and culturally responsive teaching practices
- Cultivate an inclusive, collaborative, and challenging learning environment that reflects Crystal’s core values and allows our diverse student body to grow and thrive
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to develop integrated and meaningful curriculum and programming
- Integrate technology in effective ways that enhances students’ learning experiences and growth
- Take advantage of opportunities for professional growth, leadership, and community building
- Serve as an advisor who is committed to the social and emotional development of students
- Bring unique skills to contribute to our multifaceted community outside of the classroom (e.g. coaching, sponsoring a club, leading a global trip, speaking multiple languages, etc.)
Please submit a cover letter describing your interest in the position as well as your anticipated contribution to the Crystal community given the job description, your resume, and a list of three references to CSUSFrench@csus.org or by mail: Crystal Springs Uplands School, 400 Uplands Drive, Hillsborough, CA 94010.
Crystal Springs Uplands School (CSUS) is an equal opportunity employer committed to provide a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at CSUS are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, religion and genetic information. Candidates of color and from other groups traditionally underrepresented in independent schools are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to CSUSFrench@csus.org