Sacramento Country Day School
Sacramento Country Day School, the leading independent school in Sacramento and throughout the region, seeks to hire a full-time teacher to teach English in our Middle School and to lead our Drama program in Grades 6 through 12 for the 2020-21 school year. Serving more than 500 students in pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade, Country Day’s mission “inspires intellectual discovery and engages a diverse community to think critically, live creatively, and act compassionately. “
Country Day embraces the ideals of a liberal arts education. We encourage our students to develop the full range of their capabilities – intellectual, physical, creative, social, and moral, and we cultivate in them the habits and skills that will enable them to lead fulfilling lives. Our teachers are active in the school community, serving as advisors, trip chaperones, and coaches. The ideal candidate will add strength to a wide range of programs and embrace a diverse and powerful learning community.
This full-time position will include teaching sections of 6th Grade English and Middle and High School Drama courses (which includes productions). Candidates will also be prepared to integrate themselves in the life of the school, including, but not limited to, teaching courses in the elective program, serving as an advisor, and chaperoning field trips. Candidates with an ability to lead a high school journalism elective are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; graduate degrees preferred.
- Experience and expertise that align with our program.
- Demonstrated successful teaching experience and someone who enjoys working with children.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, as well as outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with students and colleagues; willingness to be an active, enthusiastic member of the Country Day community.
- Strong commitment to equity and inclusion.
Country Day is an inclusive community and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds. To apply, please send a single .pdf file that includes a letter of interest, resume, and list of three (3) references to Head of Middle School Rommel Loria and Head of High School Brooke Wells at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org