Menlo School is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory school for students in grades six through twelve. Established in 1915, the School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and is a member of the National and California Associations of Independent Schools.
Menlo is dedicated to providing a challenging academic curriculum complemented by outstanding creative arts and athletic programs. The School helps students develop positive values and nurtures character development in a supportive environment that upholds the highest moral and ethical standards. Our program encourages students to reach their fullest potential and to develop the skills necessary to respond intelligently and humanely to the complexities of a diverse and increasingly interconnected world.
We are committed to being a heterogeneous and inclusive community. We believe students are better educated and prepared to succeed when the School community—students, families, faculty, administration, and staff—is diverse and inclusive. Diversity benefits the entire community by providing a wide range of perspectives and experiences. We embrace a broad definition of diversity: an inclusive community comprised of people with different racial, cultural, economic and religious backgrounds, as well as different gender identities and sexual orientations. In addition, we support students with a wide variety of interests, talents, physical abilities, personalities, and politics.
Menlo School is seeking a Middle School teacher to join our Computer Science Department for the first semester of the upcoming school year, mid-August 2019 to mid-January 2020. We are looking for teachers who are experienced middle school teachers with a commitment to computer science education. We are particularly interested in teachers who can teach a range of topics — from Lego Mindstorms Robotics to Python Programming to Web Design.
We look for educators who will inspire and support our students and be active participants in our vibrant learning community. Our ideal candidates are dynamic, highly collaborative and committed to professional growth in their discipline and in their teaching practice. We look for educators who are passionate about teaching, an expert in their fields, and dedicated to helping all students achieve. We want to meet teachers who will embody the heart of Menlo School by promoting collegial, respectful and supportive relationships that are dedicated to helping all students achieve their best.
General responsibilities for this position:
- Serve as an advocate for a 7th-grade advocacy group
- Fulfill school-wide teacher duties such as lunch duty
- Participate in afterschool activities such as Robotics club
- Be comfortable designing and executing curriculum as part of a teaching team.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with a variety of constituents
- Partner with parents to promote learning in all students
- Present during Back-to-School Night
- A degree in Computer Science, Math or a related field
- At least three years of teaching experience
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
- The job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment, but there may be possible exposure to childhood diseases and illnesses
- Exposure to heated/air conditioned and ventilated facilities with average interior dust with occasional exposure to outdoor elements
- Exposure to materials typically found in a school classroom, potential exposure to art materials and substances
- Exposure to a normal school environment that is usually quiet but sometimes noisy
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a school
employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions. Reasonable
accommodation may be requested to enable individuals to perform the essential responsibilities
of the job:
- Ability to sit, stand, move, communicate, manipulate art tools, speak, hear and read during the course of normal activities
- Able to use computers and other tools
- Able to move items weighing up to 10 pounds
- Ability to think and concentrate for sustained periods of time
- In-person attendance necessary to provide an effective level of performance during regular school hours
Compensation and Benefits:
Menlo School is committed to attracting and retaining excellent faculty and offers a generous compensation plan, including competitive salary, TIAA-CREF retirement benefits with a generous employer contribution and match, on-site child-care center, full medical/dental coverage, and much more.
To apply please visit. https://www.menloschool.org/employment.php
Menlo School is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org