Website Maybeck High School
Maybeck High School, a small, independent, teacher-run, college-preparatory high school in Berkeley, seeks a full-time Director of Admissions for the 2024-2025 academic year. The Director of Admissions plays a key role in the Maybeck community and manages all aspects of admission, recruitment, enrollment and retention efforts.
Director Responsibilities include:
- Oversee and manage applications through Ravenna, our online Admissions database.
- Manage student interview and selection process. Coordinate admissions offers to families.
- Coordinate and represent Maybeck at off-site Admissions events including visits to local middle schools.
- Plan and oversee on-site Admissions events, including Open Houses, prospective parent coffees, Student Tours, and more.
- Recruit parents, students, and staff to speak and/or support with Admissions events.
- Track and respond to all admission inquiries and stay in regular communication with prospective families.
- Communicate with the Business Manager and Financial Committee regarding admissions and financial aid. Oversee the Admissions budget.
- Manage our Admissions Committee, which supports with interviewing and making offers to prospective students.
- Manage marketing materials and advertising efforts.
- Represent Maybeck at admissions professional organizations.
All administrative staff at Maybeck are asked to participate in the Maybeck community in ways that fit their passions and skill sets. This could include teaching a class, attending annual camping trips, or serving on teacher-led committees. Specific responsibilities are developed in collaboration with the Director upon hiring.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Relevant experience with online admission systems or other online databases.
- Relevant experience with marketing, public relations, or event planning.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to collaborate on teams, desire to participate in a teacher-led school.
- Ability to engage and build rapport with students and families of diverse backgrounds. Comfort with public speaking.
- A commitment to ongoing professional development.
Maybeck High School is an equal opportunity employer. A teaching credential is not required for this position.
We are a vibrant community dedicated to learning, where all forms of diversity can flourish amid mutual support, respect, and responsibility. Through our small classes, high expectations, academic excellence, and programs outside the school, students prepare for college and acquire the tools to engage actively and creatively in the wider world. For more information about Maybeck High School, visit maybeckhs.org.
- All staff members at Maybeck High School are compensated according to a step scale based on years of experience and degrees earned. The scale ranges from $77,562 for staff with no prior relevant experience to $120,759 for staff with 30 years of prior experience.
- Full-time positions (80% or higher) includes medical and dental benefits, life insurance and employer contribution to a retirement account.
- Administrative staff have generous vacation in the summer and flexible hours during school breaks throughout the year.
- Maybeck sends staff yearly to various professional development opportunities.
How to Apply:
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Admissions Director” in the subject line and include:
- Your resume, including contact information for 3 recent references
- A cover letter explaining your interest and fit for the role
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com