Website Marin Horizon School
Full-time beginning August 2024
Since its founding in 1977, Marin Horizon has been providing a challenging and robust academic program combined with character-enhancing life skills. Marin Horizon is a place of creative, active learning built around our commitment to developing each student’s confident voice. Marin Horizon serves about 300 students from toddler through grade eight and is located in Mill Valley, CA.
Marin Horizon seeks a creative and dynamic kindergarten or first grade lead teacher with a desire to create engaging, differentiated curriculum and foster a caring and vibrant classroom community. The ideal candidate has experience with curriculum design and acknowledges the importance of social-emotional learning across all learning experiences. The position requires excellent collaborative and communication skills, a flexible and positive attitude, and the vision necessary to help create a dynamic kindergarten or first grade program.
- Planning and implementation of curriculum, including Wilson Fundations, Bridges in Math, and Responsive Classroom
- Create a safe, inclusive environment for all learners
- Assess students regularly, examine assessment data, and refine lesson plans to differentiate instruction for each student while working collaboratively with student support teachers
- Communicate routinely and effectively with parents
- Participate in other school-wide activities throughout the year such as Back-to-School Night, an overnight camping trip, parent conferences, department and staff meetings, admission events, and occasional evening or weekend school events
- Serve as a mentor for an associate teacher
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; Multiple-subject credential preferred
- A minimum of 3 years relevant teaching experience
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of Responsive Classroom, Wilson Fundations, and Bridges Math Workshop desirable
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Anticipated salary range between $71,000 and $100,000 depending on education and experience
- Excellent benefits package
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com