French American International School
French American + International is a PK-12 independent school in San Francisco. Founded in 1962, the school is a multicultural, multilingual educational institution with over 1,100 students across an urban campus in the heart of the city. Guided by the principles of academic rigor and diversity, the French American International School offers programs of study in French and English to prepare its graduates for a world in which the ability to think critically and to communicate across cultures is of paramount importance.
Our international community brings together people from many backgrounds. Together we strive to create a shared culture that develops compassionate, confident and principled people who will make the world better. We base our community on these values: Respect, Integrity, Inclusion, Collaboration, and Curiosity.
Working at French American + International opens up a myriad of opportunities – both personal and professional. Critical to our Strategic Plan in creating a proud, engaged community, we appreciate our faculty and staff by fostering a community of ongoing learning, respect and collegiality and by providing competitive compensation and benefits. It is also of paramount importance to us that we continue to foster an environment of diversity, equity and inclusion as we build a school community of individuals who are an actual representation of the world we live in.
Deliver counseling programs and services that promote the social and emotional well-being of students according to their developmental needs from early childhood through 1st grade.
- Provide educational and preventive counseling services and programs for students in the areas of social and emotional (SEL) competency, including peaceful conflict resolution and bullying-prevention.
- Provide counseling services and screenings of students with particular needs with sound clinical judgment, including making appropriate community referrals for specialized support services and managing crises in accordance with State mandated child protection reporting laws.
- Provide opportunities for community education and discussion on parenting and child development that favor school adjustment.
- Develop relevant new programs that address current needs and trends among students and families.
- Ensure that interventions are documented and communicated to faculty and administration, as appropriate.
- Serve as a resource for parents, faculty and administration in addressing concerns pertaining to individuals or groups of students.
- Maximize accessibility and outreach to students and parents through regular communication about ongoing programs/services/resources.
- Establish collaborative working relationships with the school team, including students, parents, fellow counselors, school faculty and administration, and with external organizations.
- Master’s Degree in Psychology/School Counseling (Early Childhood Education units are a plus)
- Professional license in the State of California (or the equivalent)
- Lower School counseling experience (experience in Early Childhood is a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual in French a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 403B – 5% match after 2 years of service
- Commuter Benefits
- Long Term Disability
- 2 Personal days
- 10 Sick days
- Paid Holidays and breaks
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
French American International School is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio-economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color,international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com