The San Francisco School
TEACH WITH US.
Come cultivate + celebrate the intellectual, imaginative + humanitarian promise of each student.
Starts August 2020, Part-time – 40% FTE
Interim position for the 2020-2021 school year
We seek a team member who is a(n):
- Talented individual who can nurture and inspire students with a multicultural, unbiased and meaningful library curriculum
- Passionate about, and enjoy working with children
- Experienced creating library environments that are structured, emotionally safe, and allow for inspirational and imaginative thinking for all students
- Experienced with or interest in the Media Arts
- Confident with technology and digital citizenship
- Culturally competent, engaged community member
- Excellent communicator + collaborator
- Teach 4 hours of Library classes through 45-minute, bi-weekly classes with all Lower School students
- Curate, develop, manage, and promote a library collection that represents diverse cultures, experiences, and viewpoints
- Manage and maintain the library as a safe and inviting learning environment
- Work with teachers in all divisions to provide literacy and research support, and expertise in the development of integrated literacy and research projects
- Collaborate with the Director of Design, Engineering & Technology and other members of the SFS community to envision the next evolution of Library, Media Literacy, and the Media Arts at the San Francisco School
About The San Francisco School
An independent school, pre-K through eighth grade, with a commitment to a multicultural + inclusive community. The School embraces San Francisco’s ethnic, cultural + economic diversity. Our progressive approach to education encourages children to develop self-reliance, strong academic skills, creativity, + a sense of social justice. They graduate academically prepared, inquisitive, courageous, + eager for the challenges ahead.
We are committed to increasing staff diversity, both to reflect the high value SFS places on multicultural understanding + for the direct benefit of each student.
If you are ready to join us, send a single document by 3/2 with your letter of interest, resume + 3 references to: email@example.com
Questions? Just give us a call: 415.239.5065
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org