The Nueva School
We seek a full-time pre-kindergarten teacher who has a strong image of the prekindergarten child, is passionate about inquiry and playful discovery, and is committed to a co-researcher relationship with students, colleagues, and parents. In addition to a strong background in early childhood education, the ideal candidate has experience working with gifted students and a passion for the Reggio Emilia approach to early education. Our prekindergarten program immerses students in robust studies and experiences, honors the power of play, and engages the environment and community as powerful drivers of learning.
The lead pre-kindergarten teacher mentors the classroom team which consists of a co-teacher and part-time teacher aide. Additional responsibilities for all full-time teachers include supporting student well-being, generating documentation-based blogs and biannual student narrative progress reports, providing opportunities for parent education, supporting admissions work, and participating in faculty meetings, duties, and school events. Ours is a collaborative environment. Lead teachers partner with content area specialists to deliver a rich negotiated curriculum.
- Teach expertly with the highest standards for each student
- Convey enthusiasm for intellectual inquiry
- Create hands-on, project-based learning experiences that promote wonder, honor students’ theories, grow an understanding of materials and their potential for personal expression, and enhance critical thinking and problem solving
- Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in classroom culture and curriculum
- Collaborate with Pre-K team members, colleagues, and parents, to enrich curriculum and instruction and support student wellbeing.
- Model flexibility in implementing best and/or new learning practices
- Demonstrate interest and ability to lead student activities and contribute beyond the classroom
- Mentor the Pre-K teaching team including co-teacher and classroom aide
- Lead by example in your commitment to Nueva’s mission: “Our school community inspires passion for lifelong learning, fosters social and emotional acuity, and develops the student’s imaginative mind.”
- Bachelor’s required and advanced university degree preferred
- Minimum of three years of successful early childhood teaching experience
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire to integrate curriculum across subjects, teach collaboratively, and reflect upon practice
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience. The Nueva School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply: Please visit http://nuevaschool.applytojob.com/ to submit a cover letter, résumé, and include contact information for at least three professional references to your application for the position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com