Sacramento Country Day School
Sacramento Country Day School, the regional leader in PK-12th grade independent school education since 1964, seeks a Kindergarten Teacher to add to our excellent faculty.
A full time member of the Lower School Faculty, our next Kindergarten Teacher will exhibit most of the following skills and traits:
- An interest in collaborating in curriculum development and engaging in best practices
- An overtly warm and welcoming style with students and parents
- A deep knowledge of the developmental needs of young children
- Cultural competency and the ability to interact with a diverse community with empathy
- Experience differentiating curriculum to meet the individual needs of students
- Degree in Early Childhood Education or similar and credential
- Joy in working with five and six year olds and making learning fun
- A minimum of 3 years experience working as a lead teacher in a primary grade level (preferably kindergarten) in an independent school setting
Country Day School embraces the ideals of a liberal arts education. We encourage our students to develop the full range of their capabilities – intellectual, physical, creative, social, and moral, and we cultivate in them the habits and skills that will enable them to lead fulfilling lives. Sacramento Country Day School teachers are active in the school community, many serving as advisors, trip chaperones, and coaches. The ideal candidate will add strength to a wide range of programs and embrace a diverse and powerful learning community. SCDS is an inclusive community and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds.
Mission and Core Values
Sacramento Country Day inspires intellectual discovery and engages a diverse community to think critically, live creatively, and act compassionately.
We challenge students to pursue academic and personal excellence as they develop and embrace their passion for learning. Our students thrive in a dynamic college preparatory program that fuels curiosity, instills confidence, and builds resilience.
Our inclusive community promotes equity and understanding through meaningful conversation that welcomes a variety of voices and celebrates individuality.
Our students grapple with complex issues, engage with conflicting points of view, make connections, and collaborate. We empower students with the skills to thrive in an evolving world.
Our students explore, improvise, and take risks as they discover and fully express themselves as individuals.
We nurture empathy, integrity, and responsibility in a safe and supportive community that values kindness, respect, and civic engagement.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com