Website Julia Morgan School for Girls
All girls middle school
This is a full time position for the 2021/22 school year for a Spanish teacher.
The Mission of Julia Morgan School for Girls is to prepare our students to be the confident, capable, creative, and compassionate women of tomorrow.
Julia Morgan School for Girls is committed to a challenging and inspiring academic program that encourages each girl to recognize and meet her potential through individualized attention, cooperative learning, and the guidance of expert teachers.
We are dedicated to the intellectual, creative, social, and emotional growth of girls during their critical middle school years. Our goal is to provide educational opportunities and positive role models not fully afforded girls in coeducational institutions.
JMSG believes girls should graduate with a deep sense of social responsibility. The JMSG program nurtures each girl’s compassion and sense of social justice in every area of school life. The relational model is core to what we do at Julia Morgan School and therefore cooperative learning, creative expression, and valuing each girl is emphasized. In academic classes, girls are engaged in explorations of culture, as well as environmental, economic, and ethical issues. Weekly advising check-ins and activities, cross-graded groupings called Families, all-school assemblies, along with SEL classes, develop girls’ personal and social awareness, teaching them to empathize, to give support within a community, and to tackle the complex moral issues that arise during adolescence.
Central to the JMSG Mission is the commitment by every member of the Julia Morgan School for Girls community, including students, parents, guardians, faculty, and staff, to do her/his part in creating a positive, respectful, and supportive community.
Title: Spanish Teacher
Date Modified: March 2021
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Supervisor: Head of School
· To inspire and support students to become the confident, capable, creative and compassionate women of tomorrow
· To inspire students to see the scholar within each of them
· Demonstrating to students high levels of enthusiasm and excitement for teaching/learning of Spanish
· Teaching 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students, building and increasing confidence and fluency in Spanish, deepening cultural competence within the diverse Spanish-speaking world
· Working collaboratively with members of grade level teams to monitor the academic and the social/emotional well being of the students
· Serving as a grade-level advisor
· Fulfilling Teacher/Staff responsibilities as defined in the JMSG Employee Handbook and Employment Agreement
· Performing additional duties as needed
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in subject area
· Fluency in speaking and writing Spanish
· Successful experience teaching middle or high school students
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· A strong understanding of girls’ education, the relational model and adolescent development
· An understanding of the unique needs of middle school girls
· Excitement about working specifically with middle school girls
· Familiarity with the multiple intelligences
· A student-centered orientation
· Flexible and collaborative team player
· Partnership with parents that supports students
· A sense of humor is essential when working with middle school girls
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
Works in a stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts
May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time
Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs
Work primarily in a traditional climate controlled office environment
Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com