Redwood Day is a vibrant K-8 school with over 385 students and 80+ faculty and staff all learning together on our four-acre campus in the heart of Oakland. Everything we do is designed to keep every child engaged and growing. Academically, that means a world-class curriculum, the best teachers, and a focus on the individual student. Socially and emotionally, we teach students to work through challenges, respect each other’s differences, and honor their diverse community. We find great strength in multiple perspectives and embrace every opportunity to weave diversity in thought and action into our social, emotional, and academic lives.
Job Description and Desired Qualifications
Redwood Day seeks a part-time (0.50 FTE) Data Manager to manage the data input, integrity, and accuracy of Redwood Day’s donor database to support the School’s fundraising efforts.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Record all gifts and pledges in Raiser’s Edge
- Maintain and track accurate and up-to-date information for all constituents in Raiser’s Edge
- Generate acknowledgment letters, and pledge reminders
- Map and import data from Excel to produce giving reports
- Produce monthly giving reports for reconciliation with the Business Office
- Produce reports as requested for annual financial audit and Form 990
- Create mailing lists and segments based on established criteria for various mailings
- Create and run complex queries, reports, and exports to support fundraising and outreach efforts on a routine and ad hoc basis
- Prepare lists and formatted merge documents for various events, appeals, etc.
- Manage and coordinate mail and email appeals including running necessary lists, mail merges and stuffing
- Manage electronic and hard copy filing
- Submit necessary paperwork for matching gifts
- Conduct annual wealth screening reports using Wealth Engine and Lexis Nexis
- Participate as an active member of the Advancement team by providing excellent customer service and support both internally to the Advancement team and externally to our donors
The ideal candidate possesses the following characteristics:
- Extensive knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, Excel, and Word
- Experience working in fundraising, in a non-profit and/or an independent school
- Ability to switch frequently between taking direction, working collaboratively, and self-direction
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Ability to provide timely response to requests for information, service, and assistance
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
This is a part-time position which is eligible for benefits. Redwood Day offers highly competitive compensation and benefits.
Limitations and Disclaimer:
The above job responsibilities are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities associated with the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with federal and state laws. Employment at Redwood Day is “at-will”. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Offers are contingent on passing a background check and TB assessment.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and Redwood Day application form and submit it electronically by January 15 to Sarah Wachs, Director of Advancement.
Redwood Day is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. School policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, religion color, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, transitioned, transitioning or perceived to be transitioning), sexual orientation (including heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexuality), marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy and breastfeeding, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, military and veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful consideration by federal, state or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition, Redwood Day does not permit discrimination based on dressing consistently with one’s gender identity or gender expression, or preferred gender, name or pronoun usage.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com