The College Preparatory School
The College Preparatory School, an independent coeducational secondary school, is seeking an Educational Technologist. Our mission is to prepare students for productive, ethical lives in college and beyond by fostering a stimulating education within an atmosphere of consideration, trust and mutual responsibility. The Educational Technology Lead works on a team that includes the Director of Technology Operations and the Technical Support Specialist. He or she insures the smooth and successful use of instructional and other technologies that enhance teaching and learning across all school programs.
Primary responsibilities include:
Vision for and implementation of relevant technology:
- Evaluate emerging technologies and their relevance to our academic setting;
- Ensure that the College Prep faculty, administration and staff have access to and an understanding of the best available technological tools;
- Coordinate new technologies in support of curricular evolution; facilitate the integration of technology skills into the school program;
- Offer ongoing technological support for faculty, administration and staff;
- Specify hardware and software requirements for the teacher/student laptop programs, in collaboration with Director of Technology Operations;
- Direct the School’s ITS(Innovative Tech Students) crew, a body of student volunteers who help with technology integration.
- Respond to technology support requests and questions from faculty, administrators and students;
- Diagnose and repair basic hardware and software problems
- Create/update troubleshooting tips and basic tutorials on our Google-based groupware system
- Coordinate and schedule use of MakerSpace
- Diagnose and repair basic MakerSpace machinery
- Work on various assigned long term technology projects
- Fulfill required chaperone, advising and committee membership duties
- Attend Department Head meetings
- Potential for teaching opportunities based on expertise and program need
Preferred areas of expertise:
- Software: Macintosh OS 10.10+, iWork, iLife, Adobe Creative Cloud(Photoshop, Illustrator, IndeSign), Audacity, Microsoft Office, SMART Notebook software
- Web applications: Google Doc/Sites/Classroom, Storyboard, Webspiration, Turnitin
- Learning Management systems: Canvas, Vocabulary.com, BlackbaudK12 (formerly WhippleHill)
- MakerSpace tools and software: Adobe Illustrator, Cura, Makerbot software, 123 Design/Make
The ideal candidate works collaboratively and effectively with teachers, students, and tech colleagues. He or she possesses strong organizational, communication, computer and people-skills, genuine fondness for teenagers, and enthusiasm for independent-school education. Candidates should also demonstrate flexibility, initiative, high energy, independence and a good sense of humor. Strength in instructional design and experience in a 1-to-1 teaching environment are strongly preferred. The salary and benefits for this position are competitive and include health coverage and retirement contributions. Additionally, all faculty and staff enjoy sharing a prepared lunch every day.
Founded in 1960, The College Preparatory School is an independent coeducational secondary school created for intellectual risk-takers who want to pursue a purposeful education with kindred peers. Our mission is to prepare students for productive, ethical lives in college and beyond by fostering a stimulating education within an atmosphere of consideration, trust, and mutual responsibility. As an equal opportunity employer, College Prep does not discriminate in its hiring of employees on the basis of race, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship, marital or veteran status, age, or disability. We actively seek diversity among our faculty and administration as well as among our students.
College Prep does not sponsor applicants for work visas. For more information about our school, visit our website at www.college-prep.org.
To apply, please go to: https://collegeprep.applicantpro.com/jobs/726791-111801.html
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org