French American International School
French American + International is a PK-12 independent school in San Francisco. Founded in 1962, the school is a multicultural, multilingual educational institution with over 1,100 students across an urban campus in the heart of the city. Guided by the principles of academic rigor and diversity, the French American International School offers programs of study in French and English to prepare its graduates for a world in which the ability to think critically and to communicate across cultures is of paramount importance.
Our international community brings together people from many backgrounds. Together we strive to create a shared culture that develops compassionate, confident and principled people who will make the world better. We base our community on these values: Respect, Integrity, Inclusion, Collaboration, and Curiosity.
Under the direct support of the High School Principal, French American + International is seeking a dynamic and experienced IBDP Film teacher to join our community for the 2020-2021 academic years. This position allows for a myriad of opportunities both personal and professional.
● Deliver lessons in accordance to French American + International teaching standards and curriculum
● Prepare students for all the components of the IB Film course
● Keep student records and grades up to date
● Attend meetings as required by the Principal or Head of Department
● Collaborate with other teachers to ensure cohesive delivery of the program
● Lead an Advisory group in Middle or High School
● Communicate with parents
● Participate in Parent-Teacher Conferences
● Attend school functions
● Ability to communicate effectively with the entire school community (students, parents, and employees)
● Must be comfortable teaching IBDP Film at the higher level
● Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience (experience in a school abroad is a plus)
● IBDP Film experience preferred
● Commitment to social-emotional well-being of students
● Commitment to work in an inclusive and diverse community
● Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent
● Master’s degree preferred
● Eligible to work in the U.S.
Benefits ● Medical, Dental, Vision ● 403B – 5% match after 2 years of service ● Commuter Benefits. ● Long Term Disability ● 2 Personal days ● 10 Sick days ● Paid Holidays and breaks
TO APPLY CLICK HERE
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
French American International School is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio-economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color,international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com