Carondelet High School
Carondelet High School Humanities Teacher
Long term Substitute
Carondelet, is an equity focused, woman-centered, 800-student high school located in the East Bay. The school is looking for a Long Term Substitute for a teaching position in a course on Ethics and Social Justice with a focus on Catholic Social Teachings. We are seeking an individual who is interested in innovative curriculum development as it relates to making learning highly relevant in today’s world.
The length of this position will be five (5) months. The date range for this position will be from the end of January 2021 until the end of the academic year in early June 2021.
An ideal candidate is a team player who can think outside the box, is confident and capable with use of technology in the classroom and is familiar with using a digital learning management system. A background in innovative, collaborative teaching and learning models, authentic assessments with rubrics, and critical and creative thinking is preferred.
The classroom teacher both models and communicates the school mission, philosophy, and core values through the teaching of subject content and by modeling behavior that inspires excellence, helping students grow to become young women of heart, faith and courage in the spirit of the Sisters of St Joseph. Teachers at Carondelet are equity focused lifelong learners with a keen interest in growing professionally in all areas, including effective use of technology, data-based review of methodology and assessment, accessing professional growth opportunities, striving to meet performance expectations, and implementing the school mission and core values. Educators who seek to work in teams and implement cross disciplinary opportunities for students will feel at home in this environment.
- Participates actively in the life of the school community in a manner which supports and promotes the mission and core values of Carondelet.
- Maintains professional standards in interaction with students, parents/guardians, and co-workers.
- A college degree from an accredited College or university, valid teaching experience, a teaching credential is preferred.
- A strong understanding of Catholic Social Teaching is preferred.
- Open to collaboration with other teachers both within and outside of the department on curricular projects and school initiatives
- Openness to creative and innovative lessons, assessment, and learning opportunities.
- Effectively manages instructional time and student behavior
- Plans diverse lessons that ensure student comprehension of learning outcomes
- Uses diverse assessments that capture student comprehension of content in a variety of ways
- Effectively uses Schoology as an avenue for student learning
- Records assignments in PowerSchool in a timely fashion
- Collaborates with Department members and seeks out opportunities to partner with colleagues to implement innovative learning opportunities for students
- Communicates with department chairs, academic support, personal counselors, students and parents in a timely fashion when students are personally or academically at risk
- Cooperates with appropriate personnel (eg, Deans, Attendance Officer) in enforcing school policies, rules and regulations This includes but is not limited to the following:
- administration/dean/counselor requests for student conference (green slips)
- faculty use of facilities
- student absence policy
- student appearance code
- student tardy policy
- participates in activities, workshops and meetings as required
- Fulfills duties and assignments in a punctual manner This includes but is not limited to the following:
- arrival/departure on campus and to school functions as required
- faculty substitute procedure
- grades and progress reports
- notification of Main Office of departure/return during school day
- proctor duties
- school services
- yard duty
- Assists in maintaining a safe, clean and friendly campus environment
- monitors appropriate student use of facilities
- monitors student behavior
- Cooperates with and supports the Administration
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal and/or Vice Principal
- Provides appropriate instruction in specified curriculum and instructional feedback
- Effectively monitors and evaluates student performance
- Maintains professional standards within the educational environment
- Fulfills professional growth expectations
Carondelet High School is an equity-focused, inclusive, Catholic college-prep high school in the East Bay that offers young women a transformative educational experience. Since its founding in 1965, Carondelet has combined academic excellence and a recognition of the unique gifts of each of its students. The school’s focus is a woman-centered, comprehensive educational program designed to help young women build confidence and prepare for leadership and service in the 21st century going forth into the world with heart, faith, courage, and excellence.
For application process, please go to www.carondeleths.org/faculty-staff/employment/
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com