Childrens Day School
Children’s Day School (CDS) is a co-educational preschool through eighth grade serving over 470 students in the Mission Dolores neighborhood of San Francisco. Spanning two campuses, and home to a diverse community of students, faculty and families, CDS is a vibrant learning community. Our teachers practice constructivist teaching; born of “learning by doing,” it is how we achieve excellent academics. We believe by encouraging children to fully engage in complex topics, and in myriad ways, we are giving them tools to become lifelong learners and passionate citizens of the world. To learn more about CDS, visit our website at www.cds-sf.org.
Children’s Day School (CDS) in San Francisco is looking for a talented full time Human Resources Manager. This position reports to the Director of Finance and Operations. In this role you’ll be responsible for the administration and management of all areas of human resources activities for the School. The position requires a highly organized and detail-oriented person, with excellent interpersonal skills and a high degree of confidentiality and discretion.
- Review and maintain the School’s personnel policies and procedures, employee handbook, and personnel forms
- Recommend changes in policies and procedures to school administration
- Oversee employee benefits and ensure effective and timely communication
- Manage employee leave of absence process to ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws
- Track payroll and benefit information to ensure that it is accurately maintained
- Develop, implement and maintain effective compliance with applicable employment regulations, including employee training.
- Maintain confidential human resource files and records
- Prepare and maintain accurate job descriptions and oversee correct FLSA classification of jobs
- Manage compensation process, including generation of employment agreements
- Assist with posting, recruiting, interviewing, and hiring for open positions
- Oversee employee onboarding, orientation, exit processes, and document completion
- Consult with administrators and employees to resolve personnel issues
- Collect and analyze human resource data for internal and external reporting
- Work with the Director of Finance and Operations in support of the School’s Strategic Plan
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance and Operations
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong commitment to building a learning community where the people, culture and curriculum reflect the racial, ethnic, economic and family diversity of San Francisco
- Kind, thoughtful and effective communicator, willing to serve people at all levels in the organization
- Well-developed business ethics and the ability to maintain a high level of discretion
- Passion for working in a school environment with students, parents, faculty and staff
- Minimum of five years of experience in Human Resources
- Bachelor’s degree and/or PHR/SPHR or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of human resource principles, procedures and practices
- Ability to effectively deal with multiple priorities, functions and activities
- Working knowledge of basic business and payroll software, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits offered including medical, dental and vision insurance and a matching 403(b) retirement plan.
**CDS is an equal opportunity employer. Our community is diverse in many ways, inclusive of race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender spectrum, age, ability, and more. We welcome and value the same in our faculty and staff.**
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org