San Francisco Friends School
Horizons at San Francisco Friends School provides a transformational summer learning program that leverages a unique public/private partnership to close the opportunity and achievement gaps for low-income K-8 public school students.
Horizons is seeking a dedicated and effective Lead Elementary Teacher with a dynamic talent for creating and nurturing a lifelong love of learning in children. We are looking for a talented, passionate, caring professional who will work as a team player, fulfill the Horizons mission, and create a joyous, inclusive, inspiring and educational culture. Please apply here.
- Design and teach high quality, culturally competent, project-based curriculum and engage students in learning math, science and language arts throughout our six-week summer enrichment program.
- Plan and lead fun, community-building games and enriching experiential learning opportunities, and accompany students to swimming lessons and field trips.
- Lead the Horizons staff in identifying individual students’ learning profiles, building on each youth’s academic strengths and coordinating resources and activities to best address his/her areas of need.
- Participate in daily meals with the students, attend Family Night and faculty meetings, and other duties that may be required.
- Attend a one-week orientation session prior to the start of the program.
- Mentor the assistant teacher(s) and work with staff to review assessment data and align curriculum across subject areas.
- Develop and nurture a safe, respectful, challenging and fun learning environment.
- Assist in evaluating program effectiveness.
- Help maintain ongoing communication with parents, caregivers and school year teachers.
- Participate in the planning and delivery of two half day learning activities for students and families in the spring leading up to the program’s start.
To apply for this job email your details to GSLANGEN@SFFRIENDSSCHOOL.ORG