Marin Country Day School
HOMEWORK CAFÉ SUPPORT
Reports to Homework Café Coordinator
Part time position available beginning late August 2018 and ending mid-June 2019; 2:45 pm to 5:45 pm Monday – Friday.
The Homework Café is the after school care program available to students in grades 5-8. The program is led by the Homework Café Coordinator and supported by two other qualified instructors. The Homework Café is a place for students to work after school while also having the opportunity to engage with their peers in a safe, open environment. Students also have options to attend school sports games, play outside, or participate in activities such as art. We are hiring one Homework Cafe instructor for our 2018-19 school year.
Our approach and philosophy centers around collaboration, thoughtful innovation, team building and leveraging diverse and multiple perspectives. Our Statement of Community and Inclusion highlights our mission:
Our school is a community that
Inspires children to develop a love of learning,
thoughtful perspectives and a diversity of skills;
Nurtures in each of them a deep sense of
respect, responsibility and compassion; and
Challenges them to envision and to work toward a better world.
as well as proclaims, “Ours is a Community that would be uncomfortable without diversity and, therefore, has been intentional about creating and nurturing a diverse group of adults and children who share the core values of respect, responsibility and compassion. As such, to realize successfully our mission and values, each of us must actively help build and cultivate our multifaceted community by developing cultural competency.”
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervising students in all program areas
- Creating an environment conducive to studying during “Homework Hour”
- Helping students complete and understand assignments
- Preparing and serving snack for students
- Being aware of and responsive to the needs of other Homework Café staff and of students
- Assisting with program organizational and clerical responsibilities
- Attending quarterly staff meetings
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Positive outlook
• Self-starter with the ability to finish tasks
• Ability to both lead and follow others
• Strong conflict resolution skills
• Strong team player
• Dependable, responsible and reliable
• Great ability to multi-task
• Interest in professional development in the field of education and desire for a long-term career working with children
• A.A. or B.A. degree with a background in Education or Child Development preferred, but not required
MCDS is an equal opportunity employer and promotes the principles and practices of diversity throughout the school community.
Please send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com