Sacramento Country Day School
Sacramento Country Day School, the leading independent school in Sacramento and throughout the region, seeks to hire a part-time Journalism instructor to advise the high-school newspaper. Serving over 500 students in pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade, Country Day’s mission “inspires intellectual discovery and engages a diverse community to think critically, live creatively, and act compassionately. “
Country Day embraces the ideals of a liberal arts education. We encourage our students to develop the full range of their capabilities – intellectual, physical, creative, social, and moral, and we cultivate in them the habits and skills that will enable them to lead fulfilling lives. Our teachers are active in the school community, serving as advisors, trip chaperones, and coaches. The ideal candidate will add strength to a wide range of programs and embrace a diverse and powerful learning community.
The position will include teaching one section of HS Journalism and overseeing the publication of the student newspaper and website.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; graduate degrees preferred.
- Experience and expertise that aligns with our academic program.
- Demonstrated successful teaching experience and someone who enjoys working with children.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, as well as outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with students and colleagues; willingness to be an active, enthusiastic member of the Country Day community.
- Strong commitment to equity and inclusion.
Country Day is an inclusive community and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds. To apply, please send a single .pdf file that includes a letter of interest, resume, and list of three (3) references to Head of High School Brooke Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com