French American International School
French American + International is a PK-12 independent school in San Francisco. Founded in 1962, the school is a multicultural, multilingual educational institution with over 1,100 students across an urban campus in the heart of the city. Guided by the principles of academic rigor and diversity, the French American International School offers programs of study in French and English to prepare its graduates for a world in which the ability to think critically and to communicate across cultures is of paramount importance.
Our international community brings together people from many backgrounds. Together we strive to create a shared culture that develops compassionate, confident, and principled people who will make the world better. We base our community on these values: Respect, Integrity, Inclusion, Collaboration, and Curiosity.
We are seeking an experienced Biology teacher who is passionate, engaging, and motivated to teach our eager learners and future leaders in the International tracks. Candidates should be compelling educational practitioners who have a strong Biology background and are confident in their capacity to create and deliver a dynamic and engaging curriculum.
Focus And Responsibilities
- Prepare engaging and differentiated lesson plans according to our IB program
- Teach high school biology
- Develop student’s language in writing, reading, speaking, and listening across the curriculum
- Regularly assess the students’ progress
- Participate fully in the professional community and contribute to school life
- Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field, Master’s degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills with both students and parents
- A positive history of collegiality and collaboration with other teachers and administrators
- IB experience a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 403B – 5% match after 2 years of service
- Commuter Benefits.
- Long Term Disability
- 2 Personal days
- 10 Sick days
- Paid Holidays and breaks
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
French American International School is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio-economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation, and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual, and bicultural students, faculty, and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org