French American International School
French American + International is a PK-12 independent school in San Francisco. Founded in 1962, the school is a multicultural, multilingual educational institution with over 1,100 students across an urban campus in the heart of the city. Guided by the principles of academic rigor and diversity, the French American International School offers programs of study in French and English to prepare its graduates for a world in which the ability to think critically and to communicate across cultures is of paramount importance.
Guided by the principles of academic rigor and diversity, French American + International offers programs of study in French and English to prepare its graduates for a world in which the ability to think critically and to communicate across cultures is of paramount importance.
Working at French American + International opens up a myriad of opportunities – both personal and professional. Critical to our Strategic Plan in creating a proud, engaged community, we appreciate our faculty and staff by fostering a community of ongoing learning, respect and collegiality and by providing competitive compensation and benefits.
It is also of paramount importance to us that we continue to foster an environment of diversity, equity and inclusion as we build a school community of individuals who are an actual representation of the world we live in.
This position is a long term substitute position as a french teacher’s aide in our Early Childhood Education Center also known as the Maternelle, teaching PK and Kindergarten students.
The position will begin January, 2019 until the end of the school year.
- Appropriately supervise children while keeping them safe at all times
- Assist the teachers in the organizational and material aspects of the class
- Lead the work of some student group activities
- Support the teachers’ pedagogical methods and comply with the school philosophy
- Read the weekly plan made by the teacher and master the goals and directions before taking charge of a group of students
- Actively participate in the daily communication with the parents in French and in English to help make the connection with the lead teachers
- Participate in the teamwork of the class and grade according to the structure defined by the head teacher
- Facilitates the well-being and attention of the students to learn, watches over their physical and emotional safety
- Prepare the necessary materials for the students’ arrival each morning and for various group activities and projects
- Prepare and supervise the distribution of snack to the children
- Put away the children’s work in their personal files each week
- Assist in displaying and posting students’ work
- Take the necessary initiatives to ensure the classroom is clean and organized at the end of the day
- Maintain collective educational materials (games, psychomotor equipment/toys) in good condition
- Participate in faculty meetings
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Be fluent in French and proficient in English
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience working with children
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Certified in early childhood education or currently working towards the completion of one: at least 6 Early Childhood Education Units (12 would be a plus)
- CPR & First Aid certified or obtain certification upon hire
- Be mentally and physically capable of caring for a large group of children alone in a classroom
- Have an awareness of the unique needs of young children and have appropriate expectations of their abilities
- Be able to kneel, bend, squat, lift, push, pull, and carry children up to 70lbs
- Possess a strong work ethic, be punctual, and have minimal absences
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com