St. Paul's Episcopal School
St. Paul’s Episcopal School, located across from Lake Merritt in Oakland, enrolls approximately 380 students from diverse backgrounds in Kindergarten – Grade 8. St. Paul’s provides an education that is intellectually challenging, culturally pluralistic, and morally and spiritually enriching. Caring, committed faculty members, in partnership with parents, serve as role models, mentors and guides. St. Paul’s has an academically talented and ethnically diverse student body and seeks the same in its faculty.
St. Paul’s seeks to fill the Facilities and Maintenance Manager. This is a part time position.
Reports To: Director of Finance and Operations
Supervises: Inside Janitorial and Day Porter Staff/Outside Janitorial Company
- Supervise day-to-day cleanliness of all facilities used by the school, including classrooms, hallways, bathrooms, playgrounds, gyms, offices, and public fields.
- Maintain schedules for preventative maintenance for all facilities, equipment and related services. Perform maintenance when feasible. Hire outside vendors to perform maintenance when necessary.
- Ensure that all required inspections and licenses are completed and appropriate documentation maintained.
- Manage the rental of our facilities in accordance with school policies. Insure that all users of our facilities have proper insurance and signed waivers.
- Manage and maintain all emergency systems in the school. This includes fire, trespasser, and elevator.
- Maintain the school lock, key and fob system.
- Work with the school secretaries to maintain and document drill schedules for fire, earthquake and lock down.
- View surveillance camera footage, as necessary, and provide relevant footage to police and Human Resources upon request.
- Maintain a calendar of all school events and make sure that the facilities are prepared for each event in advance.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent time management and organization.
- A collaborative, team-oriented working style.
- Ability to perform routine maintenance and lift up to 50 pounds.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, resume, and references addressed to Bob Correia, Director of Finance and Operations. Please send materials electronically in PDF format to Lisa Rappaport, Assistant to the Head, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We fully and actively support equal opportunity for all people, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com