The San Francisco School
Job Announcement Extended Day (after school) Instructor
Part-time Starts August 2019
The San Francisco School is an independent school, pre-K through eighth grade, with a commitment to a multicultural and inclusive community. Suitably characterized by one parent as an “urban school with a village atmosphere,” The School embraces San Francisco’s ethnic, cultural, and economic diversity. Our progressive approach to education encourages children to develop self-reliance, solid academic skills, creativity, and a commitment to social justice. Students learn to think like disciplinarians in a field, consider big and central ideas, and can find and develop their own passions. They graduate academically prepared, inquisitive, courageous, and eager for the challenges ahead.
We are looking for a talented, dedicated and enthusiastic extended day instructor to provide after school enrichment support for elementary and middle school students. With direction from the Special Programs Director, this position plans, organizes and conducts social, recreational and educational activities in the existing Extended Day program.
– Supervise elementary and middle school students Monday-Friday, 10-20 hours per week
– Collaborate with the Special Programs Director to plan and implement engaging age-appropriate activities for indoor spaces and outdoor playground
– Maintain a safe and positive learning environment
– Foster positive relationships with parents, students and school faculty on a daily basis
Qualifications and Experience
– Bachelor’s degree in education, recreation, child development or related field preferred, but not required.
– Experience working with children in a school setting
– Excellent reading, writing, and verbal communications in English
– Demonstrated ability to take initiative and to work passionately and joyfully with children
– Possess strong judgment, discretion, and problem solving skills
– Pass background check, fingerprint clearance and must have a current TB skin test or TB clearance
The ideal candidate must have a desire to work with children and parents, strong organizational and communication skills. He or she must be self-motivated, and dedicated to the mission of The San Francisco School. Candidates also interested in working as a substitute should indicate that in their cover letter.
Interested candidates may apply by sending one single document (pdf) attached to email, containing resume, cover letter, references, and how you became aware of this position to email@example.com .
The San Francisco School Attn: Extended Day 300 Gaven Street, SF, CA 94134 www.sfschool.org
We are committed to increasing staff diversity, both to reflect the high value SFS places on multicultural understanding + for the direct benefit of each student.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org