Town School for Boys
Town School for Boys, a K-8 Independent Day School located in San Francisco, is seeking applicants for the Extended Day Program Associate Teacher position for the 2018-19 school year August 29, 2018 – June 11, 2019 (training dates TBD.)
Since its founding in 1939, Town School is committed to providing a dynamic and engaging environment that suits the developmental learning needs of boys. An intensive academic program is supplemented by fine arts offerings and outdoor education trips that take advantage of the school’s Bay Area coastal location. Town School values academic excellence, respect for self and others, diversity and inclusivity, service learning, and character development. Town places a high value on maintaining a creative, collegial atmosphere among faculty members. There is an expectation of continuous growth and improvement for all faculty and strong support for a wide range of professional development opportunities.
This is a part-time position Monday-Friday 15-20 hours a week, competitive pay.
This position report to the Director of After School Programs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Lead Teacher and Director of After School Programs to provide a superior after-school experience for Town’s students
- Set-up and clean-up Extended Day activities each afternoon
- Plan and lead activities that include but are not limited to indoor/outdoor games, arts and crafts, and science with groups of students
- Assist in Extended Day Program operations such as materials inventory and attendance tracking
- Provide leadership, energy, and spirit for students, constantly assessing group dynamics and the needs of individual students
- Supervise students at all times
- Provide excellent customer service to families by communicating with them on a daily basis about their student’s experience
- Attend training and meetings as required
- Must be eligible to work in the United States, be able to pass a criminal background check, and provide a TB Risk Assessment Questionnaire completed by a licensed health care provider
- Must demonstrate reliable attendance
- Commitment to educational programming for children
- Flexibility to meet changing work needs and demands
- Ability to work collaboratively on a high-functioning team
- Openness to feedback and desire to grow professionally
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
- Ability to communicate clearly, maturely and compassionately with families
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must enjoy working with children
- 1 year of experience with school-age children preferred
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to the attention of Tiffani Quick, Director of After School Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com