Website Escuela Bilingüe Internacional
Job Title: Mandarin Teacher (PT 3rd – 5th Grade) Job Class: PT
EBI are seeking faculty and staff members who, in addition to their specific responsibilities, demonstrate the following:
● Enjoy working in an international, diverse school environment;
● Share in our values of bilingualism, educational excellence, diversity,international
mindedness, and character;
● Support the mission of EBI;
● Bring a positive attitude and a sense of professionalism to the School
Mandarin Teacher position reports directly to the Principal for Grades 2-8.
The teacher will guide students through the Mandarin learning process involved with various subjects and/or skills, thus contributing to the students’ development as mature, capable and responsible world citizens. The teacher must be able to develop and maintain a classroom environment that ensures effective learning and incorporates pedagogical innovations and research. He/she must employ the appropriate teaching methodology in order to meet established program objectives and be capable of understanding and meeting the needs of students.
Planning & Preparation for Learning
● Know the subject matter well and has a good grasp of how students learn.
● Plan units backwards with big ideas, essential questions, knowledge, and skill
● Plan on-the-spot and unit assessments to measure student learning.
● Design lessons that target several learning needs, styles, and interests. Classroom Management
● Foster positive interactions among students and teach useful social skills.
● Have a repertoire of discipline “moves” and can capture and maintain most
● Maximize academic learning time through coherence, lesson momentum, and
● Confident, dynamic “presence” and diffuse most discipline problems before
learning is impacted.
Delivery of Instruction
● Activate students’ prior knowledge and hook their interest in each unit and lesson.
● Use clear explanations, appropriate language, and good examples to present material.
● Orchestrate effective strategies, materials, and classroom groupings to foster student learning.
● Have students actively think about, discuss, and use the ideas and skills being taught.
● Differentiate instruction to accommodate students’ learning needs. Monitoring, Assessment, and Follow-Up
● Provide clear criteria for proficiency, including rubrics and exemplars of student work.
● Frequently check for understanding and give students helpful information if they seem confused.
● Has students set goals, self- assess, and know where they stand academically at all times.
● Take responsibility for students who are not succeeding and get them extra help.
● Reflect on the effectiveness of learning and continuously work to improve it.
● Willing to participate beyond the academic program is punctual and reliable with paperwork, duties, and assignments; keep accurate records.
● Demonstrate professional demeanor and maintains appropriate boundaries.
● Ethical and above-board, uses good judgment, and maintains confidentiality
with student records.
● Collaborate with colleagues to plan units, share teaching ideas, and look at
● Seek out effective teaching ideas from colleagues, workshops, and other sources and implement them well.
● ● ● ● ●
Speak, read and write in Mandarin and English.
Experience working in the educational setting with elementary and middle school children.
BA in education or similar.
Basic computer skills
Ability to communicate verbally and in writing using Standard English and Mandarin. Fluent Mandarin speaker.
Good interpersonal skills with both adults and children.
To be considered for the position, please complete an application, and send a letter of interest, a resume, and contact information for at least three professional references, including supervisors, to Raquel Vizcaíno, Principal (2-8) at email@example.com. Please generate all documents as one MS Word doc or a converted PDF file. Incomplete files, or files or candidates that do not meet the desired qualifications, will not be considered.
EBI is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.ebinternacional.org.