San Francisco Day School
- A passionate and compassionate educator and role model?
- A responsible and creative educator ready to teach Music to our youngest learners?
- An effective communicator and thoughtful listener?
- An inclusive community member who sees and appreciates the diverse fabric of our city and community?
Yes? Then read on!
SF Day Fast Facts
- Independent, co-educational school
- Located in the heart of SF in the Western Addition neighborhood
- SF Day devotes a signiﬁcant amount of resources to seek and support ongoing professional development opportunities for faculty and staff
Music Program Overview:
Music is an important part of the fabric of SF Day school culture. Lower School students develop an understanding and appreciation of music by learning sequential concepts through active, hands-on participation. Students study many styles, cultures, and periods in music history, and are also encouraged to improvise and create their own music. In Lower School, students explore movement, singing, and many instruments such as: small percussion, drumming, barred instruments, recorder, etc.
Lessons are inspired by the approaches of Kodály and Orff Schulwerk, and aligned with the nine National Standards for Music Education. Teachers and students also provide joyful musical experiences and performances that bring the school community together.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Teaching experience in music with elementary-school-aged students.
- Experience with Google Suite (Google Calendar, Google Docs, uploading and downloading digital ﬁles)
- Solid experience with online platforms – Zoom
- Teach music to Kindergarteners to 4th Graders in person (and online as needed)
- Attends and contributes to team and faculty meetings
- Support colleagues with supervision duties (recess, lunch, etc)
- Plan and coordinate virtual and in-person music performances with Upper School colleagues
Our Team Is:
- Curious about Learning & Teaching
Ready to Join SF Day?
SF Day celebrates and welcomes faculty, staff, and administrators who reﬂect
the broad range of diversity in the Bay Area. We encourage people of color and LGBTQ+ persons to apply. SF Day offers excellent beneﬁts and a competitive salary.
Please apply online with your resume and a thoughtful cover letter explaining why your experience is appropriate for this position:
Please, no phone calls
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com