Park Day School
Overview of School
Park Day School, founded in 1976, offers an outstanding co-educational K-8 program to over 300 students. The school community embraces the ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic diversity of Oakland, is rooted in the tenets of progressive education, and reinforces 21st Century pedagogy. Our student-centered approach cultivates deep thinkers and compassionate and courageous people who shape a more equitable and sustainable world. Park Day is a leader in public purpose initiatives; our community outreach program collaborates with public schools and community groups to create meaningful service-learning opportunities for our students. Our historical and park-like four-acre campus is located in the vibrant Temescal neighborhood of Oakland, CA.
Overview of the Position
Under general supervision of the Facilities Manager Provide basic, ongoing, first-level, school-base technical support to teachers and other staff in the use of technology. This position must display sound judgment, great attention to detail, plus exhibit superior confidentiality behavior at all times. Additionally, this position must be extremely organized and maintain all records in a complete and appropriate manner.
- Provide Educational Technology guidance, expertise and training for grade K-8 faculty, especially in the areas of iPads, MacBooks, Chromebooks, Zoom, and G Suite for Education.
- Coordinate and teach workshops to train teachers in the use of new tools and instructional applications, and establish systems for teachers to access, preview, or pilot new hardware and software applications.
- Assist with the development of and participate in a technology user group
- Coordinate with the business office and instructional leaders to implement the school’s Information Technology strategies and plans that align with the mission of the school and the needs of the classroom.
- Serve as an advisor to school staff for general technical issues.
- Provide basic on-going first-line technical support to school staff and students.
- Troubleshoot and repair minor computer and peripheral equipment problems/issues.
- Manage accounts and reporting functions for select instructional applications.
- Support school users with network access issues and reset passwords as needed.
- Serve as a technical liaison with outside vendors, and serve as vendor contact on technical issues.
- Work with our outsourced IT company to Install and customize new computers with site based software/drivers; upgrade/update software as needed.
- Provide logistical support for new computers and peripherals (ordering, delivery, preparation, physical setup & placement/delivery).
- Assist in the summer preparation of all devices and systems for successful opening of each school year.
- Maintain computer hardware inventory and repair records for the school.
- Document all work performed and manage requests for new services from the school in the SchoolDude application.
- Collaborate with staff on software purchases with regard to technical requirements and limitations.
- Participate in on-going technical support training as required.
- Perform other technology related duties as assigned
High School Diploma. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Experience providing technical support on a variety of hardware, software and operating systems.
A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
How to Apply
Please apply for this position by filling out the Park Day Employment APPLICATION attaching a cover letter and resume with at least 3 professional references.
Park Day School is an equal opportunity employer. We seek applicants who reflect the diversity of the Bay Area. We do not discriminate based on age, ancestry, citizenship, ethnicity, family-care status, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org