The College Preparatory School
The College Preparatory School, an independent high school in Oakland, California, seeks a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) Educational Technology Support Specialist to work closely with our Tech team (the Director of Technology Operations and the Director of Educational Technology & Innovation) to ensure the smooth and successful use of technology in all school programs. Our Technology Department is an energizing place to work and grow professionally and our technology program, including the 1-to-1 laptop program and Xlab (Makerspace), plays an essential role in supporting our mission and enhancing the teaching and learning landscape at College Prep. The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational, communication, computer, and people skills, as well as an enthusiasm for independent school education.
Educational Technology Support Specialist Responsibilities
- Providing end-user help desk support for over 400 students, teachers, and staff.
- Creating and updating online support tips, directions, tutorials, and documentation.
- Diagnosing and repairing hardware and software problems.
- Facilitating repairs with third party vendors and monitoring warranty work.
- Supporting users with Google Apps for Education and other supportive systems.
- Troubleshooting classroom AV technology issues.
- Providing multimedia set-up for special events.
- Assisting in network connection problems.
Technology Mentoring & Training:
- Supporting teachers and students with multimedia projects both in and out of class.
- Developing and teaching digital skills.
- Collaborating with the Xlab (Makerspace) Advisory Team.
- Leading student laptop orientation sessions.
- Proactively advising the school community of laptop and software—related issues.
- Fostering a culture of empowered self-help and troubleshooting.
- Assisting with the training of students related to digital tools and practices.
- Staying current with emerging trends and best practices in educational technology.
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining Mac OS and Windows desktops and
laptops, iPads, other peripherals, software, network services, and campus technology systems, including printers and AV equipment.
- Maintaining accurate databases of hardware inventory, hardware maintenance, and software installation.
- Managing equipment checkout system, including loaner equipment, cameras, audio systems,
and other peripherals.
- Processing new devices and distributing them to end-users.
- Documenting installation and configuration procedures.
- Helping to evolve and maintain collaborative and innovative lab spaces.
- Creating/updating software images for school computers.
- Assisting with programs that further the growth of the school technology program.
- Attending department meetings and faculty/staff meetings.
- Representing the Technology Department at school events.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT) certification preferred.
- Experience working with a Mobile Device Management System (MDM) for device provisioning–preferably Mosyle.
- Experience with VOIP phone systems and Virtual Meeting Software setups.
- Familiarity with basic scripting and automation processes for software deployment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient with Apple OS 10.14+, iOS, TvOS, Windows 10, iWork, iLife, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Apps for Education, and Microsoft Office.
- Detail-oriented, organized, collaborative, proactive team-player who is also willing/able to take initiative on projects.
- Ability to prioritize and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Curious, flexible, independent, patient, with a good sense of humor.
- Ability to climb a ladder to service classroom projectors and similar equipment.
- Must be physically able to lift up to 30 pounds.
Candidates should be eager to embrace spirited intellectual challenges in a rewarding academic environment. Our mission is to prepare students for productive, ethical lives in college and beyond by fostering a stimulating education within an atmosphere of consideration, trust, and mutual responsibility. Faculty and staff thrive at College Prep when they engage in the rich opportunities of its many co-curricular programs. College Prep actively designs programming and curricula that seek to strengthen the school’s ties to Oakland and to the greater Bay Area. Salary and benefits are competitive, and include a prepared lunch every day. Professional development is actively encouraged and supported.
Founded in 1960, The College Preparatory School is an independent coeducational secondary school created for intellectual risk-takers who want to pursue a purposeful education with kindred peers. As an equal opportunity employer, College Prep welcomes candidates representing diversity of all kinds. We celebrate the inclusivity of our community regarding race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
College Prep typically does not sponsor applicants for work visas. For more information about our school, visit our website at www.college-prep.org
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter at: https://collegeprep.applicantpro.com/jobs/1179248-111801.html
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com