San Francisco University High School
At San Francisco University High School, we believe that the deepest learning requires collaboration among people who embody a diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, experiences, and perspectives. In order to build and sustain a community that is comprised of a wide range of social and cultural identities, we must continually engage in furthering our self-knowledge, equity literacy, and ability to communicate effectively across differences. We challenge ourselves to do this work on both a personal and institutional level, recognizing that our community is part of a larger and more complex world.
We are seeking a full time Director of Health, Wellness, and Leadership to begin August 2018.
Strong candidates for this position will have:
- Demonstrated knowledge of, commitment to, and experience with promoting issues of health and wellness, particularly as they affect the cultures of independent high schools;
- Demonstrated expertise in cultivating and developing student leadership capacity;
- Demonstrated ability to approach all aspects of their work with an equity lens and culturally responsive pedagogy;
- The maturity, good humor, and patience to be an effective voice with and advocate for adolescents;
- A formal background as a health educator as well as experience in other leadership work with high school students (a Bachelor’s degree is required; a Master’s degree is preferred).
The Director of Health, Wellness, and Leadership reports to the Dean of Students, is a member of the Human Development department, and is generally responsible for promoting the mental and physical wellbeing of all students and leading trainings on relevant topics for the school community. Health and Wellness topics may include: healthy relationships, making healthy choices, drug and alcohol use, affirmative consent, positive sexuality, sexual health and safe sex practices, body image, media literacy, among others. The person in this position is responsible for training and supervising our student Peer Advisors who deliver significant portions of our Human Development programming. Additionally, this person will be responsible for working with student leaders on campus such as elected student council members, club leaders, and athletic team captains.
To apply for this job email your details to Nasif.Iskander@sfuhs.org