Jewish Community High School of the Bay
Jewish Community High School of the Bay (JCHS) is looking to hire a resourceful full-time Director of Finance & Operations (DFO) to succeed our current DFO who is leaving JCHS after eight successful years in order to work closer to home. JCHS is a unique college preparatory high school committed to integrating deep learning, universal wisdom, and Jewish values. We empower each student to embrace her or his Jewish identity, generate empathy and compassion, delight in lifelong education, and improve the world.
The DFO will oversee the school’s financial planning, operations and management practices. The DFO will work directly with the Head of School and support the Board and its Finance Committee. The main areas of focus include accounting, budgeting, credit, investment, and risk management. In support of the overall operation of the school, the Director of Finance also administers the flexible tuition program, manages human resources, and oversees the food service and IT directors. Reporting to the Head of School and a key member of the senior leadership team, the Director of Finance provides administrative leadership, counsel, and strategic financial vision for the school’s future to the Head of School and the Board of Trustees.
As a pluralistic Jewish high school, JCHS students represent the diversity of Jewish practice and identity in the Bay Area. Faculty commitment to the mission of the school is essential, but religious affiliation is not a factor in hiring. We believe our students learn best from a diverse faculty and extended professional community and welcome people of any race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation and marital status to come work at JCHS.
The Director of Finance & Operations will oversee the school’s financial planning, operations and management practices. The Director will work directly with the Head of School and support the Board and its Finance Committee.
- Assist Head of School and Board in long range strategic financial planning and provide primary staffing for the Finance, Audit, and Investment Committees
- Oversee all financial aspects of the school including operating and capital budgeting, financial reporting, investments, and cash management
- Supervise business office staff
- Oversee all aspects of human resources including employee relations, compensation, benefits, payroll, and employee handbooks
- Manage risk through maintaining crisis management plans and administering appropriate liability policies such as general liability, D & O, worker’s compensation, unemployment and coverage for buildings and equipment
- Planning and oversight of transportation and food service
- Manage financial aid in coordination with the Director of Enrollment Management. Responsibilities include budgeting, reviewing award amounts and determinations, and reporting.
- Co-manage educational technology and the Assistant Head of School.
- 10+ years progressive financial and administrative experience in an educational institution or non-profit organization
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or related field. Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in human resources desired.
- Advanced knowledge of appropriate software tools
- Superior organization skills and ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously; must have ability to work independently and collaboratively, and adapt to changing priorities, manage time and meet deadlines. A good sense of humor and perspective are a plus.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment, develop effective interpersonal relationships, provide superior service, and communicate verbally and in writing
Start date is July 1, 2020.
If this sounds like a school community you would like to join, email a cover letter and resume as one PDF document to: email@example.com with DFO in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org