Hillbrook School is seeking an experienced and inspiring enrollment management professional to serve as the Director of Enrollment Management. This position reports directly to the Chief Advancement and Enrollment Officer and is a key member of a highly collaborative advancement and enrollment team. The position starts on July 1, 2019, potentially sooner.
The Director of Enrollment Management will join the Hillbrook community at an exciting time in the school’s history. The school has increased enrollment from 315 students to over 385 students in the last four years, with future enrollment projected to reach 400 students by 2020.
The school is in the late stages of an ambitious strategic plan, Vision 2020, which has further established Hillbrook as a leading independent school in the Bay Area and beyond. The Director of Enrollment Management is responsible for the entire enrollment process, from inquiry through admission to assimilation into the school’s culture, and retention of current families.
The ideal candidate understands the benefits of an independent elementary and middle school education and can articulate Hillbrook’s unique vision, mission, and extraordinary educational experience in a compelling way. The candidate is also data driven with strong Excel skills and understands strategic enrollment management as a research-based process. The Director of Enrollment Management remains fully informed of demographic trends and uses market research to identify new target markets, better penetrate existing markets, and inform strategic decision-making.
Hillbrook is a diverse and inclusive community and increasing diversity is a key part of our Vision 2020 strategic plan. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated passion for and commitment to diversity work in independent schools and understands their role in attracting and retaining a diverse student body. Other essential skills include excelling at developing relationships within the school and external community. The Director of Enrollment Management is a professional who possesses excellent communication skills, including writing, listening and public speaking. The candidate should have experience with social media platforms and have excellent computer skills, including PowerPoint and Excel.
As noted in our Statement of Inclusivity, Hillbrook is an intentionally diverse community that strives to reflect the extraordinary diversity of Silicon Valley. We believe that educational excellence and equity depend on the creation of a diverse and inclusive community where all people feel a full sense of membership. Hillbrook School is an equal opportunity employer. Opportunities are open to all individuals without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, or handicap.
- Collaborate with the Chief Advancement and Enrollment Officer to develop long and short term recruitment and enrollment plans and strategies.
- Oversee all admission events, including planning and executing all aspects of school visits, including group tours, individual family and student visits, open houses, applicant screenings, and welcoming events.
- Proactively manage retention, including overseeing Hillbrook’s Attrition Watch List and designing and executing targeted monthly retention efforts.
- Lead and continue to build upon the existing Parent and Student Ambassador Programs and Welcoming Committee. Empower these parent and student networks with the tools and training to convey the essence of Hillbrook in an impactful way.
- Maintain, interpret, report, and present key enrollment statistics, including NAIS metrics and Board presentations.
- Collaborate with the Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in our efforts to attract an increasingly diverse student body.
- Manage Hillbrook’s Diversity Dashboard and continuously explore new ways to measure, benchmark, and improve upon the school’s diversity efforts.
- Collaborate with the Director of Communications and Community Engagement for all necessary admission related events, marketing, and communication to enhance visibility and outreach to the external and internal community and to build and steward a strong referral network.
- Collaborate with the Office of Advancement and Enrollment team on necessary department events.
- Collaborate with counselors, learning specialist and admission committee to responsibly gather information needed for applicants with history of learning differences.
- Act as a Designated School Official (DSO) and help guide international families through the enrollment process and other needs throughout the school year.
- Strong passion for the role and the school, and an understanding of how the position supports the school’s ability to meet its mission and vision every day.
- Proven record of accomplishment in a strategic enrollment management position.
- Research and data savvy. Experience with market sizing and growth analyses a plus.
- Possess excellent communication skills, including writing, listening and public speaking.
- Natural networking instincts that make one adept at building and nurturing relationships with all types of constituent groups, including current and prospective families, education consultants, relocation agencies, feeder schools, local businesses, and others.
- Experience with SchoolAdmin Customer Relations Management system desirable.
- Prior experience in assessing the capabilities of young children is a plus.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to think strategically and creatively.
- A growth mindset, active sense of humor, and warm personality.
- Ability to work in a collegial, collaborative environment and to develop the necessary trust and credibility to work with a broad range of constituents.
- Strong project management skills; ability to work both independently and collaboratively under tight deadlines.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a relevant field preferred.
Hillbrook School is a co-ed, independent, junior kindergarten–8th grade school located on 14 acres of oak woodland in Los Gatos, CA. Founded in 1935, Hillbrook School remains deeply connected its historical roots as a school where children are known, learning is authentic and active, and success is measured one child at a time. During the past 80 years, we have grown and evolved from a small boarding school serving wards of the state to one of the leading independent schools in the Bay Area, and yet our vision remains the same – to inspire children to achieve their dreams and reach beyond themselves to make a difference in the world. Our talented faculty delivers a program that provides 385 students with a unique blend of challenging and engaging academics, visual and performing arts, passion-driven projects, and opportunity to serve and partner with others in our community.
Hillbrook School is a recognized leader in educational innovation, earning designation since 2010 as an Apple Distinguished School. Our 1:1 iPad program in the middle school, iLab Makerspace classroom, and Center for Teaching Excellence, and Scott Center for Social Entrepreneurship all stem from a commitment to being on the leading edge of best practices in education. Our faculty members present at conferences across the nation and globe each year, on topics that range from innovative uses of technology, to research studies we have conducted on the impact of classroom design on teaching and learning. Hillbrook is intentional about, and deeply committed to, cultural competency and professional growth. We are a community of highly-engaged, lifelong learners.
Salaries are competitive. Benefits include full medical, dental, and vision coverage; ample retirement planning with TIAA-CREF; a generous holiday schedule; access to and support with the latest state-of-the-art education technology; and a strong commitment to engaging and personalized professional development.
Visit our school’s website to learn more at www.hillbrook.org Interested candidates please send a cover letter and resume as .pdf files to our Director of Human Resources, Rozanne Schiro (email@example.com).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org