Children's Day School
Children’s Day School (CDS) is a co-educational preschool through eighth grade serving over 470 students in the Mission Dolores neighborhood of San Francisco. Spanning two campuses, and home to a diverse community of students, faculty, and families, CDS is a vibrant learning community. Our teachers practice constructivist teaching; born of “learning by doing,” it is how we achieve excellent academics. We believe by encouraging children to fully engage in complex topics, and in myriad ways, we are giving them tools to become lifelong learners and passionate citizens of the world. To learn more about CDS, visit our website at www.cds-sf.org.
Director of Curriculum and Program Innovation
The Director of Curriculum and Program Innovation will work closely with the Academic Leadership Team (Division Heads, Director of Inclusion, Curriculum Leaders, Technology Integrator, Librarian/Media Specialist) to identify the curricular and programmatic needs of the school and ensure curricular and instructional continuity from preschool through 8th grade. The Director’s responsibilities will include inspiring curricular innovation and managing its implementation, documentation, review, revision, and alignment.
This is a full-time, year-round administrative, exempt position reporting to the Head of School.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide strategic leadership in the area of program development and alignment that furthers our mission, including the development of a school-wide curriculum framework that embodies our commitments to inquiry, social justice and the development of the whole child.
- Provide strategic professional development, coordinating speakers, workshops, programs, observations, etc.
- Network with curriculum directors at other schools to share best practices and learn.
- Prepare an annual report on the state of the curriculum and professional development initiatives.
- Support the school and its leadership to align teaching and student learning.
- Champion the curriculum work noted in the CAIS self-study.
Curriculum Documentation, Assessment, and Innovation
- Develop and revise on an ongoing basis a curriculum document that clearly outlines the school’s frameworks for teaching and learning and demonstrates the progression of learning preschool-grade 8.
- Assure continuity in assessment, parent reporting, and academic standards.
- Work in collaboration with division and department heads/leads to oversee and align priorities.
- Help departments develop standards and assessments appropriate for the school.
- Coordinate reviews of curriculum resources/textbooks with department chairs and/or divisions.
- Review homework policies and ensure an appropriate level of homework and student projects.
CDS Adult Learning
- Set priorities for adult learning including educator professional development and parent learning opportunities.
- Manage professional development budget to ensure alignment with strategic priorities.
- Maintain a curriculum blog which keeps parents informed about professional development initiatives and makes our curriculum visible to the community and to speak about the curriculum at admissions and parent education events.
- Oversee the professional learning cycle; work in collaboration with Division Heads to develop our use of Folio, coaching roles, and teacher mentors/department leads
- Supervise the associate teacher program to ensure associate teachers and mentors are supported through the adult learning programs
- Develop and nurture partnerships with external organizations to support teacher learning and leadership
- Collaborate with division heads to recruit, support and retain top faculty
- BS/BA with advanced degree
- Demonstrated experience in early childhood, elementary, and/or middle school teaching.
- Demonstrated recent experience with curriculum development and/or oversight.
- Acumen in 21st-century learning skills and issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Position requires the ability to type, use phone, stand intermittently, walk, bend and stoop, occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects of light to moderate weight, work at a computer, including viewing a monitor for various lengths of time, repetitive use of keyboard, mouse, or other control device, and dexterity of hands and fingers to operate keyboard in order to perform the essential functions.
CDS offers a competitive salary commensurate with knowledge, skills and experience. We provide eligible employees, comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer and contribute to a 403 (b) retirement program.
CDS is an equal opportunity employer. We value a racially and ethnically diverse community and welcome the same in our faculty and staff.
To apply visit our website at www.cds-sf.org.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org