The College Preparatory School
The College Preparatory School
Director of Admission
Beginning July 1, 2019
The Director of Admission is responsible for all aspects of College Prep’s recruitment and enrollment efforts as well as for oversight of the school’s financial aid program. The Director must have equal parts strategic capacity and operational acumen, and should enjoy the company of high school students and their families. Reporting to the Head of School, the Director serves as a member of the Senior Administrative Team and works closely with the Board of Trustees and the school’s Communication Office. The Director is attentive to the school’s public presence in all its manifestations, and is responsible for both web-based (www.college-prep.org) and printed admissions and financial aid materials.
The Director plays a vital role in the College Prep community, providing leadership and setting the school’s recruitment and enrollment management strategies and goals. As the school’s most visible spokesperson, the Director of Admission represents the school to all constituents, including students, parents, alumni, faculty and administration. In order to ensure that the office achieves its goals, the Director takes initiative to conduct research and stay abreast of best practices within the admission field.
- Provides leadership in enrollment management (which includes marketing, recruitment, and admission) and oversees the processes of attracting, selecting, enrolling and retaining students at College Prep.
- Develops and implements strategic marketing initiatives.
- Sets annual admission goals in accordance with the school’s mission to promote economic, racial, and ethnic diversity in the student body and based on the school’s overarching objectives for enrollment.
- Oversees the collection of all admission materials and serves as chair of the Admission Committee.
- Manages new student enrollment and assists with the reenrollment of current students in close connection with the Assistant Head of School and Business Office.
- Serves as a member of the Financial Aid Committee
- Maintains statistical and trend data related to admission and enrollment.
- Understands and informs school leadership about current research, demographics, and admission and enrollment trends, ensuring that changes and challenges are anticipated, understood, and addressed.
- Maintains and encourages relationships with feeder schools, counselors, and consultants.
- Oversees all off- and on-campus recruitment events, including Open Houses and visitation programs.
- Oversees the management of all admission publications and materials, including the production of the school viewbook and other print and electronic marketing and communications materials for the Admission Office.
- Participates as an active member of the Head of School’s senior administrative team.
- Maintains and enhances the School’s good standing in relevant professional organizations.
- Extends themself beyond the responsibilities of a job description and assists the Head of School with all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and desired characteristics:
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree
- Five years of admission and enrollment management experience
- Demonstrated commitment to independent secondary school education and a particular enthusiasm for the distinctive culture of College Prep
- Strong cultural competency skills and experience working with families from diverse backgrounds
- Superior written and spoken communication skills
- Superior interpersonal, organizational and managerial skills
- Command of admission application systems such as Ravenna
- Comfort with the technologies that support student record management, analytical reporting, and social media
- High energy, flexibility, warmth and sense of humor.
Founded in 1960, The College Preparatory School is an independent coeducational secondary school created for intellectual risk-takers who want to pursue a purposeful education with kindred peers. Faculty and staff thrive at College Prep when they engage in the rich opportunities of its many co-curricular programs and the School’s growing ties to greater Oakland. Salary and benefits are competitive and include a prepared lunch every day. As an equal opportunity employer, College Prep welcomes candidates representing diversity of all kinds. We celebrate the inclusivity of our community regarding race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
College Prep typically does not sponsor applicants for work visas. For more information about our school, visit our website at www.college-prep.org
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to: https://collegeprep.applicantpro.com/jobs/1059755-111801.html
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org