Reports to: Director of Advancement
Position type: Full-time; Non exempt
Location: Bentley Upper School Campus in Lafayette, CA
Bentley School seeks a highly motivated Database Manager to join the Advancement team during an exciting time celebrating the School’s centennial. The Database Manager is responsible for the comprehensive management of Bentley School’s donor database (Raiser’s Edge) and all gift processing and acknowledgements. This role provides customized information and analysis that helps the advancement staff, senior leadership, and board members build and maintain relationships with donors. S/He understands, appreciates, and is able to implement database design that will be leveraged to support project and organizational goals.
The Database Manager has strong problem-solving and organizational skills, the ability to meet deadlines independently, work collaboratively with colleagues, and a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. The Database Manager has the ability to uphold the highest standards of work including handling sensitive, confidential donor information. This position reports to the Director of Advancement and will support all efforts related to fundraising, communications, events, and alumni relations.
- Maintain the School’s Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge database to ensure accurate, updated, and relevant information.
- Develop and implement plans and procedures to improve the integrity and use of the database, including by not limited to, wealth engine screening and data append services.
- Process all gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations, and organizations in a timely manner.
- Generate gift acknowledgement letters, receipts, and pledge reminders.
- Organize and maintain all gift documentation and hardcopies of donor files.
- Coordinate monthly reconciliation and annual audit requests with the Business Office.
- Manage coding of appeals and solicitations, event attendance, affinity groups, and relevant notes in Raiser’s Edge.
- Produce reports, queries, and lists from Raiser’s Edge for the school’s fundraising initiatives and for industry reporting purposes.
- Prioritize and accommodate competing requests for data and reports according to established priorities in partnership with the Director of Advancement.
- Support annual Gala and other events by processing gifts, documenting attendance, and providing staff support at events as requested.
- Assist with ongoing improvement of alumni records.
- Conduct comprehensive prospect research on prospective corporations, foundations, and individual donors.
- Serve as the department’s expert on Raiser’s Edge and the Raiser’s Edge NXT and proactively use other technologies and services to achieve departmental goals.
- Extensive experience and proficiency using Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge software and Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices, ideally in an independent school context.
- Experience working with school constituents such as alumni, alumni parents, administration, current parents, faculty, students, and volunteers.
- Experience with event auction software preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Time-management skills, the ability to multitask under pressure, and have strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strive for continuous improvement and solicit feedback to improve.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate a positive, collaborative, and productive attitude.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as school events and deadlines require.
Bentley School offers a competitive benefits package, invests strongly in professional development, and offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter stating your interest along with a resume or CV to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on August 23, 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org