Katherine Delmar Burke School
Burke’s is an independent K-8 all girls’ school located on a 3.5-acre campus in San Francisco. Burke’s is one of California’s leading elementary schools with a 112-year tradition of educational excellence. The school combines strong academic and co-curricular programs with an emphasis on project-based learning and personal growth in a diverse and inclusive community. We emphasize the development of fundamental and higher-level critical thinking skills in an atmosphere of creativity, exploration, academic rigor and joyful learning.
Burke’s is seeking highly energetic, responsible professionals with leadership skills to assist and support teachers and students when the school transitions to being on campus for in-person teaching and learning. This is a full-time role that reports to either the Lower or Upper School Division Director.
- Supervising students during arrival, recess, lunch, dismissal
- Supervising small cohorts of students during instruction.
- Facilitating and monitoring safety routines, including COVID-19 policies and procedures.
To succeed in this role, you must be compassionate, friendly, and willing to work a flexible schedule. Successful candidates should also possess the ability to interact with children in a positive and productive manner.
This full-time position requires that you:
- Oversee the safety of children in your care.
- Relate well with young children and adults.
- Are flexible, dedicated, and able to work collaboratively with others.
- Enjoy teaching/supervising in an outdoor environment.
- Have a good understanding of how to support social and emotional skills.
*Please note: This is a job that is built around being on campus. If the school transitions back to distance learning, the role will be on hold until students transition back to campus.
This is a full-time, hourly position at $21.50 per hour based on prior experience. Comprehensive benefits are provided. More information about the school can be found on the website at www.kdbs.org.
Apply for this role at firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls, please.
Burke’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to continuing to build an inclusive educational community and therefore are actively pursuing diversity in our administration, faculty, and student body. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com